BLM-CO: BLM-CO Water Resources, Fisheries and Riparian Restoration Program
The summary for the BLM-CO: BLM-CO Water Resources, Fisheries and Riparian Restoration Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO: BLM-CO Water Resources, Fisheries and Riparian Restoration Program: The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) works closely with local communities other federal and state governments to maintain and improve water quality, aquatic habitat, wetlands, springs, restoration, instream flow protection and water rights to ensure adequate high quality water is available to support municipal drinking water supplies, eligible wild and scenic rivers, wilderness areas, fish, amphibians, groundwater, riparian dependent species, threatened and endangered species, and other downstream uses. In particular, BLM's Soil, Air, and Water program is dedicated to working collaboratively with communities, as well as federal, state, local agencies and tribes, to maintain and improve water quality, availability, and water dependent aquatic species and habitat. Watersheds supply drinking water, provide recreation, support agricultural and land uses, and sustain life. More than $450 billion in food and fiber, manufactured goods and tourism depends on clean water and healthy watersheds. By working with local communities, residents, landowners, and stakeholders, we can collaboratively address water resource challenges using a watershed approach to protect our nation's water resources. BLM Colorado wishes to partner with a variety of cooperators to accomplish these objectives. Funding is available to perform activities described herein on the watersheds within the jurisdiction of lands managed by BLM Colorado. Potential projects under this funding opportunity announcement may include watershed management activities that address water supply needs, water quality concerns, and restoration needs that will benefit multiple water uses (e.g., agricultural, municipal, tribal, environmental, and recreation). Eligible projects under this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) may include, but are not limited to: - Improving stream channel structure and complexity; - Improving the conditions and/or restoring wetlands; - Improving channel/floodplain connectivity; - Protecting and stabilizing stream and river banks; - Reducing erosion; - Improving water delivery systems to increase efficiency or other projects to address water supply needs; - Installing and/or constructing of culverts, Zeedyks, and/or diversion structures; - Improving hydraulic and geomorphic conditions of streams; - Providing or improving fish passage; - Restoring of critical habitats for a variety of fish species; - Addressing and mitigating the spread of aquatic invasive species; - Removing invasive species and restoring vegetation; - Influencing water temperature or improving the timing or volume of available flows at particular locations to improve aquatic conditions; - Watershed management and planning projects that address water supply needs, water quality concerns, and restoration needs. To learn more about this funding opportunity please visit www.grants.gov to download a full announcement, instructions, and application.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO: BLM-CO Water Resources, Fisheries and Riparian Restoration Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00067|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 22nd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 22nd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 29th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 22nd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents Tab Above to Download Full Announcement, Instructions and Templates. Click on Package to Download SF424 Application Package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM AK Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • BLM CA Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • BLM (Montana/Dakotas) Aquatic Habitat Management
- • Arizona Aquatic Habitat Management
- • WY Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management
- • BLM NM Aquatic Habitat Management
- • NV Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands