BLM NM Aquatic Habitat Management
The summary for the BLM NM Aquatic Habitat Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM NM Aquatic Habitat Management: The BLM Aquatic Habitat Management works cooperatively with a wide range of constituents to develop strategies that provide protection for sensitive riparian and wetland areas as well as maintain or restore stream function and stream access to floodplains while supporting multiple uses on public lands. The program manages and guides fish and aquatic habitat conservation, riparian and wetland conservation, control of aquatic invasive species, aquatic organism passage, and monitoring riparian and instream habitat conditions and water quantity and quality condition and trends. The NM BLM has opportunities to work with partner organizations to accomplish goals of the BLM Aquatic Habitat Management that include, but are not limited to, such things as: 1. Development and/or implementation of watershed management plans. 2. Increased local capacity to protect and enhance water quality, promote water conservation, and sustain the present health of the watershed. 3. Improvements in the resiliency of ecosystems, communities, and economies in the watershed. 4. Improvements in the hydraulic and geomorphic conditions of streams. 5. Removal of invasive vegetation in riparian areas to enhance fish habitat, water quality and the physical characteristics of the stream. 6. Inventory, modernize and/or develop infrastructure such as culverts and diversion structures in order to improve fish passage. 7. Provide a forum for enhanced communication among diverse stakeholder groups along the watershed. 8. Conserve and enhance aquatic and riparian habitats for native and non-native game and non-game species. 9. Provide resources for recreational and subsistence fishing opportunities including increasing public access and infrastructure, such as fishing piers, for public enjoyment and outreach, education and job mentoring activities for youth, families, and veterans. 10. Protect and stabilize both lotic and lentic aquatic and riparian habitats. 11. Implement projects to reduce erosion, salinity and sediments. 12. Collect and analyze water resources data needed to maintain, protect and restore water resources effectively. 13. Inventory, assess, monitor, and improve aquatic, riparian, and wetland habitat quality and quantity. 14. Address the immediate threats from aquatic invasive species, including quagga and zebra mussels. 15. Influencing water temperature or improving the timing or volume of available flows at particular locations to improve aquatic conditions. 16. Monitor surface and groundwater quality. 17. Manage geospatial and biometric data. 18. Conduct baseline inventories and assessments critical to many public land uses and ongoing monitoring programs. 19. Engage citizen-scientists and students in monitoring and directed research of various BLM dependent aquatic and riparian species and their habitats. 20. Develop and assist with Aquatic Invasive Programs including Mapping, Control, Prevention, Education, Data analysis, Modeling, Risk Assessments, Biosecurity, eDNA surveillance, etc.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM NM Aquatic Habitat Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00083|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 12th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 12th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||June 11th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 11th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 11th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 11th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on RELATED DOCUMENTS and PACKAGE tabs to download full announcement instructions and application package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Sheri Dowley (505) 216-8596
Aquatic Habitat Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • Montana/Dakotas Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • Arizona Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management Utah Fisheries and Aquatic Resource M...
- • FY2020 BLM NOC Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Program Management
- • NV Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • BLM-CO: BLM-CO Water Resources, Fisheries and Riparian Restoration Program
- • WY Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...