BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Wildlife Partnerships and Habitat Management
The summary for the BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Wildlife Partnerships and Habitat Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Wildlife Partnerships and Habitat Management: This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. In support of this single-source justification and Notice of Intent to Award, BLM Colorado cites the following policy: Department of the Interior Policy (505 DM 2) requires a written justification which explains why competition is not practicable for each single-source award. The justification addresses one or more of the following criteria as well as discussion of the program legislative history, unique capabilities of the proposed recipient, and cost-sharing contribution offered by the proposed recipient, as applicable. In order for an assistance award to be made without competition, the award must satisfy one or more of the following criteria: BLM Colorado did not solicit full and open competition for this award based the following criteria and exception: (4) Unique Qualifications. Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) is charged by Colorado statute to protect, preserve, enhance, and manage wildlife for the use, benefit and enjoyment of the people of Colorado and its visitors. Under Colorado Revised Statute 33-1-101, the General Assembly of the State of Colorado charges CPW as the only agency and/or its agents that have the authority to manage wildlife and monitor wildlife alongside of its federal partners. Furthermore, all wildlife within (the State of Colorado) that is not lawfully acquired and held by private ownership is declared to be the property of this state. Right, title, interest, acquisition, transfer, sale, importation, exportation, release, donation, or possession of wildlife is permitted only as provided in Articles 1 to 6 of this title or in any rule of the Colorado Parks and Wildlife commission. Therefore CPW is uniquely qualified to perform the activity on public lands administered by the BLM within the State of Colorado.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Wildlife Partnerships and Habitat Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L18AS00075|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 23rd, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 23rd, 2018|
|Posted Date:||July 23rd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||July 23rd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 24th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Notice of Intent to Award to State of Colorado, Department of Natural Resources, Parks and Wildlife
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents tab above to download full announcement, instructions, and suggested templates. Click Package tab above to download forms.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • Arizona Wildlife Resource Management
- • Montana/Dakotas Wildlife Resource Management
- • Nevada Wildlife Resource Management
- • BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Wildlife Resource Management on Colorado's Publ...
- • FY2020 BLM WO Wildlife Resources Management Program Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • BLM-AZ Bald Eagles Conservation
- • BLM-WO, Wet Meadows Restoration in Sagebrush & Grassland Wildlife Habitat
- • Wildlife Conservation and Restoration
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...