Behavioral Interventions Scholars
The summary for the Behavioral Interventions Scholars grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families OPRE, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Behavioral Interventions Scholars: The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE) is soliciting applications for Behavioral Interventions Scholars grants to support dissertation research by advanced graduate students who are using approaches grounded in behavioral science or behavioral economics to examine research questions of relevance to social services programs and policies. These grants are meant to build capacity in the research field to apply a behavioral science or behavioral economics lens to issues facing families in the United States with low incomes, and to foster faculty mentorship of high-quality doctoral students. Applicants are required to demonstrate how their research is grounded in behavioral economics/behavioral science and the applicability of their research to practices or policies serving children, adults, and families with low incomes, especially those that seek to improve their well-being. For information about OPRE, please go to https://www.acf.hhs.gov/opre. For information about related work ongoing within OPRE, please go to https://www.acf.hhs.gov/opre/behavioral-interventions-to-advance-self-sufficiency-bias-research-portfolio. SAM .gov System Alert - Entity Validation Delays: All applicants must be registered at SAM.gov and establish a Unique Entity Identifier. Due to high demand, SAM.gov is experiencing a considerable delay in processing entity legal business name and address validation tickets. As needed, please start the process early to avoid interruptions in application submissions. You can find SAM resources related to this process here - https://www.fsd.gov/gsafsd_sp?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0058422&sys_kb_id=7bb8810ddba05990060d5425f3961912&spa=1. Interested in this announcement? Create an account at Grants.gov and subscribe to this forecast to receive notifications of updates and publication.
|Federal Grant Title:||Behavioral Interventions Scholars|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families OPRE (HHS-ACF-OPRE)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2023-ACF-OPRE-PD-0242|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 5th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 5th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||April 5th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||April 5th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||July 3rd, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||April 5th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Under section 1110(a)(1)(A) of the Social Security Act, eligibility is open to “...States and public and other organizations and agencies for paying part of the cost of research or demonstration projects such as those...which will help improve the administration and effectiveness of programs carried on or assisted under the Social Security Act and programs related thereto...”. Eligible U.S. entities are the universities at which a graduate student scholar is enrolled. Applicants will be required to submit a letter of support from the graduate student's mentor, acting as the project's Principal Investigator, that approves the application and provides a description of how the mentor will regularly monitor the student's work. Applications that do not include this letter will be disqualified from review and funding. Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and funding under this funding opportunity. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity. Faith-based organizations may apply for this award on the same basis as any other organization, as set forth at and, subject to the protections and requirements of 45 CFR Part 87 and 42 U.S.C. 2000bb et seq., ACF will not, in the selection of recipients, discriminate against an organization on the basis of the organization's religious character, affiliation, or exercise.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Elizabeth Karberg
- Similar Government Grants
- • Diaper Distribution Demonstration and Research Pilot
- • Human Services Interoperability Innovations
- • Family Strengthening Scholars
- • Federal-State Partnerships to Build Capacity in the Use of TANF and Related Administrative...
- • Child Development Research Fellowship Program
- • Center for Early Care and Education Research: Dual Language Learners
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families OPRE
- • Center for Research on Hispanic Children and Families
- • Career Pathways Secondary Data Analysis Grants
- • Coordinated Evaluations of Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Policies and Initiatives...
- • Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Child Care Dissertation Grants
- • Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Dissertation Grants