Capacity Building through Training/Mentoring for Treatment, Care and Support including Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT); TB/HIV; Health System Strengthening; and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision in
The summary for the Capacity Building through Training/Mentoring for Treatment, Care and Support including Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT); TB/HIV; Health System Strengthening; and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision in grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Capacity Building through Training/Mentoring for Treatment, Care and Support including Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT); TB/HIV; Health System Strengthening; and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision in: Zambia has a 14.3% HIV prevalence among adults aged 15-49 and has had PEPFAR support for its HIV Prevention Care and Treatment Program since 2004. Part of this support has been targeted towards training and capacity building among healthcare providers, the majority of which has been in-service training. This form of training, necessitated by high staff turnover and emerging evidence which comes with changing international recommendations is costly and not sustainable. As PEPFAR support in Zambia reaches the ten year milestone, there is a need to maximize efficiencies by shifting to more sustainable and innovative training and capacity building models. In this regard, the FOA has two main components. Program Area A is the Training and Capacity building component, which will support the development of innovative, self-directed, and cost efficient training in pre-service and in-service training in the areas of 1) care, support and treatment among adult and pediatric populations, 2) TB/HIV, 3) HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC), 4) Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) delivered on an integrated Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health (MNCH platform), and 5) Health Systems Strengthening (HSS). The awardee will be expected to build the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and Ministry of Community Development, Mother and Child Health (MCDMCH) to independently develop, monitor, and evaluate the provision of these services by the end of year 5 of the cooperative agreement. The second component, Program Area B, is to support the national objective of achieving and sustaining at least 80% prevalence of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), through direct service delivery (DSD) and national level technical assistance (TA). The award will support national initiatives, including the Early Infant Male Circumcision (EIMC) implementation, as well as use of surgical devices to increase efficiencies and improve outcomes for VMMC clients in supported regions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Capacity Building through Training/Mentoring for Treatment, Care and Support including Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT); TB/HIV; Health System Strengthening; and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision in|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH15-1597|
|Type of Funding:||Procurement Contract|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 13, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 13, 2014|
|Posted Date:||August 28th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Aug 28, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Nov 12, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$6,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this FOA are listed below:
National Ministries of Health
State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) .
American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments (federally recognized or state-recognized)
Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations
Alaska Native health corporations
Tribal epidemiology centers
Urban Indian health organizations
Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
Colleges and Universities
For-profit organizations (other than small business)
Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
All Other eligible organizations
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2