Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens
The summary for the Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens: The Attwater's prairie chicken (APC) is a critically endangered grouse found in the coastal prairies of Texas. Currently, fewer than 50 birds exist at three locations in the wild. Efforts to propagate and release APCs into the wild have been ongoing since 1992 and 1996, respectively. In an effort to attain the goals established in the APC Recovery Plan (2010), captive breeding needs to continue in order to increase numbers in the wild. APC breeding facilities must have success in rearing APCs and have 24-hr veterinary services capable of treating sick or injured APCs. Facilities should be within 12-hours driving distance from APC release sites located along the mid- to upper Texas coast. Since funding for this project is from a challenge cost-share source, facilities will be expected to match (1:1) the total funding with non-federal dollars (i.e., $145,530).
|Federal Grant Title:||Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||21560-12-002|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Challenge Cost Share|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 13, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 13, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 05, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 01, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jul 13, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$145,530|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$145,530|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$145,530|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is a single source award without competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Terry Rossignol Wildlife Refuge Manager Phone 979-234-3021
- Similar Government Grants
- • Attwaters Prairie Chicken Breeding
- • Challenge Cost Share
- • Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share
- • Region 6 Challenge Cost Share Program-FY12
- • Attwater's Prairie Chicken Captive Breeding
- • USFWS Mountain-Prairie Challenge Cost Share Program
- • Alaskas National Wildlife Refuge System Notice of Availability of Federal Assistance, 2007...
- • Alaska's National Wildlife Refuge System FY08
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)