Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share
The summary for the Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share: The Midwest Region (Region 3) of the National Wildlife Refuge System manages the Fish and Wildlife Service Challenge Cost Share (CCS) program for the eight states of the region: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Missouri. The Midwest Region invites the submission of proposals in support of natural resource management, emphasizing the inventory and control of invasive species, habitat restoration, and conservation outreach opportunities. Proposals are done in partnership with a USFWS field office such as a National Wildlife Refuge, Wetland Management District, or Partners for Fish and Wildlife office. Successful applicants must have at least 50% of project costs covered by non-federal resources and this funding must be in place prior to the expenditure of any CCS funds. Proposals must be developed in partnership with a Region 3 field office and sent by the partnering USFWS office to the Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share Grant coordinator (contact information below). All projects must be approved and sponsored by a US Fish and Wildlife Service field station and benefit National Wildlife Refuge System programs. Proposals are prepared under the most recent guidance from the Regional Office by the local unit of the USFWS. Potential applicants should work with USFWS offices to develop a shared conservation proposal and have the local office submit the completed proposal(s) by the closing date. For more information about this call for proposals or for information on local contacts in your area visit the R3 website listed above or contact: Rob Bruesewitz, Region 3 Challenge Cost Share Coordinator, (612)713-5403 .
|Federal Grant Title:||Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F12AS00122|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Challenge Cost Share|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 06, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Apr 10, 2012|
|Archive Date:||May 16, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$18,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Open to any type of entity
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rob Bruesewitz, Invasive Species Coordinator, 612-713-5403 Robert_Bruesewitz@fws.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Attwaters Prairie Chicken Breeding
- • Challenge Cost Share
- • Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens
- • Region 6 Challenge Cost Share Program-FY12
- • Attwater's Prairie Chicken Captive Breeding
- • USFWS Mountain-Prairie Challenge Cost Share Program
- • Alaskas National Wildlife Refuge System Notice of Availability of Federal Assistance, 2007...
- • Alaska's National Wildlife Refuge System FY08
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)