Competitive Abstinence Education Grant Program
The summary for the Competitive Abstinence Education Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Competitive Abstinence Education Grant Program: The Administration for Families and Children (ACF), Administration on Children, Youth and Families' (ACYF) Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) will be accepting applications from public and private entities, including faith based and community organizations, for the implementation of the Competitive Abstinence Education Program (CAE). This program is funded generally under the authority of Section 1110 of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1310, and specifically by the appropriation for General Departmental Management for the Office of the Secretary under Division F, Title II of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2012, Pub. L. 112-74.Grantees under this program will be expected to develop a targeted and medically accurate approach to reducing teen pregnancies through abstinence education. Abstinence education programming is one intervention in a continuum of services that seeks to prevent teen pregnancy. The purpose of the CAE pr ogram is to provide funding for additional tools to address the rates of teen pregnancy among adolescent youth who are at greatest risk of STDs/STIs and most likely to bear children out of wedlock. Program plans will focus on the social, psychological, and health gains to be realized by delaying initiation of sexual activity and engaging in healthy relationships.
|Federal Grant Title:||Competitive Abstinence Education Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2012-ACF-ACYF-AR-0553|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Competitive Abstinence Education (CAE)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 22, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 22, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 05, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,611,070|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$800,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||9|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Local school districts are eligible applicants. Grants made under the authority of section 510(b)(2)(A)-(H) of the Social Security Act shall be made only to public and private entities that agree that, with respect to an adolescent to whom the entities provide abstinence education under such grant, the entities will not provide to that adolescent any other education regarding sexual conduct, except that, in the case of an entity expressly required by law to provide health information or services the adolescent shall not be precluded from seeking health information or services from the entity in a different setting than the setting in which abstinence education was provided.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
ACF Applications Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Program
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families ACYF FYSB
- • Runaway and Homeless Youth Capacity Building for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/o...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Culturally Specific Trauma S...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services/ Improvements to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgend...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program