Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) FY15
The summary for the Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) FY15 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the USDA NRCS MSD Ft Worth Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) FY15: The New York Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) agency is announcing their State Conservation Innovative Grant (CIG). The purpose of CIG is to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies, while leveraging the Federal investment in environmental enhancement and protection in conjunction with agricultural production. CIG projects are expected to lead to the transfer of conservation technologies, management systems, and innovative approaches into NRCS technical manuals and guides or to the private sector. CIG is used to apply or demonstrate previously proven technology in order to increase adoption with an emphasis on opportunities to scale proven, emerging conservation strategies. CIG promotes sharing of skills, knowledge, technologies, and facilities among communities, governments, and other institutions to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users. For the 2015 CIG program NY anticipate funding up to $150,000. NRCS will accept proposals under this notice for single or multiyear projects, not to exceed three years, submitted by eligible entities from New York. Eligible entities include Indian Tribes, State and local units of government, non-governmental organizations, and individuals.
|Federal Grant Title:||Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) FY15|
|Federal Agency Name:||USDA NRCS MSD Ft Worth Office|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-CIG-NY-15-1|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Quality Incentives Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 1, 2015 Pre-proposals must be received by NRC|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 1, 2015 Pre-proposals must be received by NRC|
|Posted Date:||May 1, 2015|
|Creation Date:||May 1, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Jul 1, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To be eligible, projects must involve producers who meet the EQIP eligibility requirements set forth in § 1466.6(b)(1) through (3). Additional information regarding EQIP eligibility requirements can be found at: http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/national/programs/financial/eqip. Participating producers are not required to have an EQIP contract.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- NY NYCS Home page
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Tammy Willis, NY ASTC-Programs
CIG program contact
USDA-NRCS-MSD-Ft Worth Office 817-509-3505
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the USDA NRCS MSD Ft Worth Office
- • Increasing Land Trust Capacity in Eastern Oregon
- • NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2018 - Idaho
- • Conservation Collaborative Agreements
- • NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG)
- • Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) FY 2018 Oregon