Coordinating the Biomedical Response Towards Achieving and Sustaining HIV and AIDS Epidemic Control in Malawi under PEPFAR
The summary for the Coordinating the Biomedical Response Towards Achieving and Sustaining HIV and AIDS Epidemic Control in Malawi under PEPFAR grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Coordinating the Biomedical Response Towards Achieving and Sustaining HIV and AIDS Epidemic Control in Malawi under PEPFAR: The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $2,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. As Malawi closes in on HIV epidemic control, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) seeks to strengthen structures within the Ministry of Health (MOH) to coordinate the response efforts in the post-epidemic control era in order to sustain the achievement. The MOH will be responsible for overseeing the provision of services for the management of integrated comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment services across the continuum of care. This includes the provision of technical guidance at national and subnational level; building public health systems; and strengthening health information systems at national, zonal, and district levels for data-driven decision-making. Through this NOFO, CDC Malawi aims to sustain epidemic control by strengthening monitoring, evaluation and mentorship activities, surveillance and information systems, and maintaining or creating relevant partnerships. To help identify and respond to anticipated or unanticipated disease outbreaks or programmatic challenges, disease surveillance and program monitoring and evaluation will be maintained and/or strengthened. In addition, enabling evidence-based policies will be endorsed and implemented timely to accelerate efforts towards sustaining epidemic control. This NOFO will support the MOH to implement evidence-based prevention and treatment HIV services as well as monitor and evaluate the program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Coordinating the Biomedical Response Towards Achieving and Sustaining HIV and AIDS Epidemic Control in Malawi under PEPFAR|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2050|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||March 2nd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||March 2nd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||June 14th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 30th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this NOFO are: Ministry of Health, Malawi.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...