Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development (DWPR) Pre-proposal Solicitation
The summary for the Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development (DWPR) Pre-proposal Solicitation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Denver Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development (DWPR) Pre-proposal Solicitation: The U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation), is currently requesting pre-proposals sponsored by the Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development Program (DWPR). Through this program, Reclamation is forming partnerships with private industry, universities, water utilities, and others to address a broad range of desalting and water purification needs. The intent of the program is to augment the supply of usable water in the United States. This will be accomplished by reducing the costs, improving operation and reliability, and developing innovations in desalination and water purification technologies. The Water Desalination Act of 1996 defines the following important terms: (1) Desalination or desalting means "the use of any process or technique for the removal and, when feasible, adaptation to beneficial use, of organic and inorganic compounds from saline or biologically impaired waters, by itself or in conjunction with other processes" and (2) Saline water means "sea water, brackish water, and other mineralized or chemically impaired water."
|Federal Grant Title:||Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development (DWPR) Pre-proposal Solicitation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Denver Office|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R13SF80004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Water Desalination Research and Development Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 03, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 03, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Nov 13, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Nov 13, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jan 04, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Individuals, institutions of higher education, commercial or industrial organizations, private entities, public entities (including state and local), and Indian Tribal Governments. Foreign entities, other than United States-Mexico binational research foundations and inter-university research programs established by the two countries, are not eligible for funding under the authorizing legislation for this program. Federal agencies are not eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michelle Maher Grants Officer Phone 303-445-2025
Grants Officer [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program Pitch to Pilot for Fiscal Year 2022
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program for Fiscal Year(FY) 22
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program for Fiscal Year 2019
- • VTE Pilot/Demo Test
- • Measuring In-Situ Denitrification in Both the Native Groundwater and a Tracer Test in the ...
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development (DWPR)
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Denver Office
- • Notice of Intent to Award - Continuation for National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- • Support of the Truckee River Planning Model
- • WaterSMART Applied Science Grants for the Desert Landscape Conservation Cooperative
- • WaterSMART Applied Science Grants for the Southern Rockies Landscape Conservation Cooperat...
- • WaterSMART: Cooperative Watershed Management Program Grants for FY 2013