Electric Grid of Things
The summary for the Electric Grid of Things grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Energy Technology Laboratory, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Electric Grid of Things: The objective of this FOA is to conceive and develop scenarios, approaches, methodologies, tools, techniques and systems that maximize the bi-directional exchange of grid services while optimizing connectivity and information exchange at the grid edge to Internet of Things (IoT) interface that leads to enhanced system resilience and reliability. These advancements must be applicable to the scenario of maintaining energy surety to defense installations, where coordination between defense facilities, the utility, and surrounding Distributed Energy Resources(DER) can extend the functioning of those facilities through abnormal events.
|Federal Grant Title:||Electric Grid of Things|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Energy Technology Laboratory (DOE-NETL)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-FOA-0002092|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||June 19th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 19th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 31st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 19th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sheldon E. Funk 304-285-0204
- Similar Government Grants
- • Industry Partnerships for Cybersecurity of Energy Delivery Systems Research, Development, ...
- • Big Data Analysis of Synchrophasor Data
- • Next Generation Transformers - Flexible and Adaptable Designs
- • Industry Partnerships for Cybersecurity of Energy Delivery Systems (CEDS) Research, Develo...
- • Sensor and Modeling Approaches for Enhanced Observability and Controllability of Power Sys...
- • Electric Transmission and Distribution
- • Superconducting Power Equipment - Area of Interest1
- • Superconducting Power Equipment - Area of Interest2
- More Grants from the National Energy Technology Laboratory
- • Research Needs Related to Enhanced Weathering as a Mechanism for Carbon Dioxide Removal
- • Request for Information on Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy’s Medi...
- • Notice of Intent to issue DE-FOA-0002397 titled University Turbine Systems Research (UTSR)...
- • Buildings Energy Efficiency Frontiers & Innovation Technologies (BENEFIT) – 2020
- • Carbon Ore, Rare Earth and Critical Minerals (CORE-CM) Initiative for United States (U.S.)...