FY 2019 Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants
The summary for the FY 2019 Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2019 Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants: The principal objective of the NMFS Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration solicitation is to support habitat restoration projects that use an ecosystem-based approach to foster species recovery and increase populations under NOAA's jurisdiction. Proposals submitted under this solicitation will be primarily evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate how the proposed habitat restoration actions will help recover threatened and endangered species listed under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) (hereafter, Listed Species), including species identified by NMFS as “Species in the Spotlight” (https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/topic/endangered-species-conservation#species-in-the-spotlight), sustain or help rebuild fish stocks managed under the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act (hereafter, Managed Species), and contribute to the sustainability of saltwater recreational fisheries. Successful proposals will: 1) identify a habitat-based issue/concern limiting the recovery or sustainability of one or more species targeted by the proposed restoration action; 2) describe in detail the actions and on-the-ground habitat restoration project(s) to be undertaken to resolve the issue/concern and; 3) describe the project(s)' expected outcomes and measurable impact on the project's target species and their ecosystem. Proposals may include: restoration feasibility and/or design; implementation; or a combination. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will be funded through cooperative agreements. One-year or multi-year awards up to three funding years will be considered. Multi-year awards are awards that are funded for up to three years. The funding for the second and/or third year (FY20 and/or FY21) will not be determined in FY19, but will instead be determined in future years, pending future federal appropriations, and progress towards project milestones. Proposals for multi-year funding should outline the costs expected for year two and/or year three in detail in this proposal (see Section IV.B for more details about the budget narrative for multi-year awards). NOAA anticipates typical federal funding for awards will range from $300,000 to $1.5 million over one to three years. NOAA will not accept proposals with a federal funding request of less than $75,000 or more than $3 million total over three years. NOAA anticipates up to $6 million will be available under this FFO in FY19. Funds will be administered by the Community-based Restoration Program within the NOAA Restoration Center. Awards are dependent upon the amount of funds Congress makes available to NOAA in the FY19 - FY21 budgets.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2019 Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-HCPO-2019-2005889|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||November 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||June 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$12,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, non-profits, commercial (for profit) organizations, U.S. territories, and state, local and Native American tribal governments. Applicants must propose work in geographic areas that benefit species with a nexus to NOAA management. Applications from federal agencies or employees of federal agencies will not be considered. Federal agencies are strongly encouraged to work with states, non-governmental organizations, municipal and county governments, and others that are eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Supplemental Guidance regarding application writing, a checklist to submit a complete application, and FAQs about this FFO can be found at https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/grant/coastal-and-marine-habitat-restoration-grants. For further information contact Natalie McLenaghan at (301) 427-8687, or by e-mail at email@example.com. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to contact NOAA Restoration Center staff before submitting an application to discuss their NOAA project ideas with respect to technical merit and NOAA's objectives. NOAA will make every effort to respond to prospective applicants on a first come, first served basis. These discussions will not include review of draft proposals or site visits during the application period.
Work email address
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2020 Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants
- • 2019 NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • NOAA Coastal Resilience Grants Program (FY 2018)
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Project Grants under the U.S. Great Lakes Restoration...
- • Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants
- • Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Partnership Grant
- • General Coral Reef Conservation
- • FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021