FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants
The summary for the FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants: The NOAA Marine Debris Program (MDP), authorized in the Marine Debris Reduction, Prevention, and Reduction Act (33 U.S.C. 1951 et seq.), provides funding to catalyze the implementation of locally driven, community-based marine debris prevention and removal projects that will benefit coastal habitat, waterways, and NOAA trust resources including diadromous fish. Projects funded through the MDP have strong on-the-ground habitat components involving the removal of marine debris and derelict gear that will provide educational and social benefits for people and their communities in addition to long-term ecological habitat improvements for NOAA trust resources. Through this solicitiation the MDP identifies potential marine debris prevention and removal projects, strengthens the development and implementation of habitat restoration through the removal of marine debris within communities, and fosters awareness of the effects of marine debris through the funding of outreach and education proposals to further the conservation of living marine resource habitats across a wide geographic area.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology Natural Resources Education Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NMFS-HCPO-2008-2001026|
|Type of Funding:||Grant Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Habitat Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 31, 2007 Applications should be submitted via|
|Posted Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Nov 30, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, other non-profits, commercial (for profit) organizations, organizations under the jurisdiction of foreign governments, international organizations, and state, local and Indian tribal governments whose projects have the potential to benefit NOAA trust resources. Applications from federal agencies or employees of Federal agencies will not be considered. Federal agencies are strongly encouraged to work with states, non-governmental organizations, national service clubs or youth corps organizations and others that are eligible to apply. The Department of Commerce/National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (DOC/NOAA) is strongly committed to broadening the participation of historically black colleges and universities, Hispanic serving institutions, tribal colleges and universities, and institutions that work in under-served areas. The MDP encourages proposals involving any of the above institutions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher
email@example.com Contact if you have a problem downloading application forms.
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2022 NOAA's Transformational Habitat Restoration and Coastal Resilience Grants Under the...
- • FY22 Coastal Habitat Restoration and Resilience Grants for Underserved Communities, Under ...
- • Restoring Tribal Priority Fish Passage through Barrier Removal under the IIJA
- • NOAA's Restoring Fish Passage through Barrier Removal Notice of Funding Opportunity under ...
- • NOAA Great Lakes Fish Habitat Restoration Partnership Grants
- • Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Partnership Grant
- • General Coral Reef Conservation
- • FY2008 Community-based Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition