General Coral Reef Conservation
The summary for the General Coral Reef Conservation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
General Coral Reef Conservation: The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program/ General Coral Reef Conservation Grants (GCRCGP) provides funding to institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, commercial organizations, Freely Associated State government agencies, and local and Indian tribal governments to support coral reef conservation projects in the United States and the Freely Associated States in the Pacific, as authorized under the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. Projects funded through the GCRCGP support on-the-ground efforts that: (1) Help preserve, sustain and restore the condition of coral reef ecosystems, (2) promote the wise management and sustainable use of coral reef resources, (3) increase public knowledge and awareness of coral reef ecosystems and issues regarding their conservation and (4) develop sound scientific information on the condition of coral reef ecosystems and the threats to such ecosystems. Projects should complement and fill gaps in state, territorial and commonwealth coral reef programs, emphasize community-based conservation, or address local action strategy priorities. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation require a 1:1 match and will be implemented through a grant. Funding of up to $600,000 is expected to be available for GRCGP in FY 2008. These funds will be divided approximately equally among the U.S. Pacific and Atlantic to maintain geographic balance, as outlined in the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. Awards will range from $15,000-$50,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||General Coral Reef Conservation|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Education Natural Resources Environment Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NMFS-HCPO-2008-2001019|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Habitat Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2007 Applications must be received no lat|
|Posted Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 01, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, commercial organizations, local and Indian tribal governments and Freely Associated State Government Agencies can apply for funding under the GCRCGP. U.S. federal, state, territory, and commonwealth governments and Regional Fishery Management Councils are not eligible under this category. NOAA employees are not allowed to help in the preparation of applications or write letters of support for any application. NOAA staff are available to provide information on programmatic goals and objectives, ongoing coral reef conservation programs, Regional funding priorities, and, along with other Federal Program Officers, can provide information on application procedures and completion of required forms. For activities that involve collaboration with current NOAA programs or staff, NOAA employees must provide a letter verifying that they are collaborating with the project. Federal employee travel and salaries are not allowable costs under this program.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher
Phone 301-713-0926 firstname.lastname@example.org Contact if you have a problem downloading application forms.
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2022 NOAA's Transformational Habitat Restoration and Coastal Resilience Grants Under the...
- • FY22 Coastal Habitat Restoration and Resilience Grants for Underserved Communities, Under ...
- • Restoring Tribal Priority Fish Passage through Barrier Removal under the IIJA
- • NOAA's Restoring Fish Passage through Barrier Removal Notice of Funding Opportunity under ...
- • NOAA Great Lakes Fish Habitat Restoration Partnership Grants
- • Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Partnership Grant
- • FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants
- • FY2008 Community-based Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition