FY 2019 Gap Year Program for Russian Students
The summary for the FY 2019 Gap Year Program for Russian Students grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Russia, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2019 Gap Year Program for Russian Students: The U.S. Embassy in Moscow (PAS Moscow) of the U.S. Department of State invites proposal submissions for a cooperative agreement to design and implement a new program designed for newly-graduated Russian high school students. The program will provide a “gap year” experience for young Russians and offer an opportunity to improve their English skills, study at an American community college campus and experience life with an American family. Each participant will go to the United States for a full academic year, starting in the fall of 2020. The award recipient will be responsible for all program elements, including recruitment and selection, securing visas, arranging travel, pre-departure orientation, placement, monitoring, and return to Russia. Competitive proposals should include approximately 80-150 participants and effectively utilize government resources to maximize the number of program participants, while still providing adequate health and safety, orientation services, and support services for participating students.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2019 Gap Year Program for Russian Students|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Russia (DOS-RUS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOSRUS-19-CA-03|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||February 19th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||February 19th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 19th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- Please see full announcement
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- U.S. public and private non-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3). U.S. and non-U.S. public and private educational institutions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contact: GrantsRussia@state.gov.
- Similar Government Grants
- • BOLD GRANTEE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- • English Language Exchanges Support
- • U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • Ukraine: Crowdsourcing the Story of Ukrainian Democracy: Participatory History through Dig...
- • University Research Program
- • Student-run Media Lab Development Program
- • Ukraine Media Partnership Program
- More Grants from the US Mission to Russia
- • Journalism Summer School
- • FY 2019 Young Astronauts Program
- • FY 2019 Russian-American History
- • FY 2019 English Language Exchanges Support
- • FY 2019 English Access and Advance