FY20 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the Department of Navy (DoN) Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Education and Workforce Program administered by the Office of Naval Research (ONR)
The summary for the FY20 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the Department of Navy (DoN) Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Education and Workforce Program administered by the Office of Naval Research (ONR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Naval Research, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY20 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the Department of Navy (DoN) Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Education and Workforce Program administered by the Office of Naval Research (ONR): ONR seeks a broad range of applications for augmenting existing or developing innovative solutions that directly maintain, or cultivate a diverse, world-class STEM workforce in order to maintain the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps’ technological superiority. The goal of any proposed effort must provide solutions that will establish and maintain pathways of diverse U.S. citizens who are interested in uniformed or civilian DoN STEM workforce opportunities.As the capacity of the DoN Science and Technology (S&T) workforce is interconnected with the basic research enterprise and STEM education system, ONR recognizes the need to support efforts that can jointly improve STEM student outcomes and align educational efforts with Naval S&T current and future workforce needs. This announcement explicitly encourages projects that improve the capacity of education systems and communities to create impactful STEM educational experiences for students and workers. Submissions are encouraged to consider including active learning approaches and incorporating 21st century skill development. Projects must aim to increase student and worker engagement in STEM and enhance people with needed Naval STEM capabilities. ONR encourages applications to utilize current STEM educational research for informing project design and advancing our understanding of how and why people choose STEM careers and opportunities of Naval relevance.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY20 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the Department of Navy (DoN) Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Education and Workforce Program administered by the Office of Naval Research (ONR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Naval Research (DOD-ONR)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||N00014-20-S-F005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||October 16th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||October 16th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||May 4th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||May 4th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||November 15th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 19th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All responsible sources from academia and non-profit organizations may submit white papers under this FOA. Foreign Entities will not be considered.Federally Funded Research & Development Centers (FFRDCs), including Department of Energy National Laboratories, are not eligible to receive awards under this FOA. However, teaming arrangements between FFRDCs and eligible principal applicants are allowed so long as they are permitted under the sponsoring agreement between the Government and the specific FFRDC.Navy laboratories, military universities, and warfare centers as well as other Department of Defense and civilian agency laboratories are also not eligible to receive awards under this FOA and must not submit either white papers or applications in response to this FOA. If any such organization is interested in a partnership with a proposed project from eligible institution, the organization may contact the Naval STEM Coordination Office (NSCO), ONR_STEM@navy.mil, to discuss potential projects. The subject line of the email shall read “N00014-20-S-F005 Potential Project Inquiry.” As with FFRDCs, these types of Federal organizations may team with eligible applicants that are submitting white papers under this FOA.University Affiliated Research Centers (UARC) are eligible to submit white papers under this FOA unless precluded from doing so by their Department of Defense UARC contract.Cost sharing is not expected and will not be used as a factor during the merit review of any application hereunder. However, the Government may consider voluntary cost sharing if proposed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Link to all ONR Funding Opportunities
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Veronica Lacey
- Similar Government Grants
- • BESTRobotics Grant: Hub's Teacher Professional Development (HTPD) 2020
- • Boosting Engineering Science and Technology (BEST) Robotics Grant: Kits 2020
- • FY19 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Navy RO...
- • Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Boos...
- • FY19 Office of Naval Research (ONR) Navy and Marine Corps Science, Technology, Engineering...
- • FY12 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for Navy and Marine Corps Science, Technology,...
- • STEM Grant 2013
- • Science, Technology, Engineering
- More Grants from the Office of Naval Research
- • FY2021 Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Navy and Marine Corps Science and Te...
- • Funding Opportunity Announcement FY2021 Department of the Navy (DON) Historically Black Co...
- • FY2021 VANNEVAR BUSH FACULTY FELLOWSHIP
- • 2020 Office of Naval Research (ONR) Global Research Opportunity: Global-X Challenge
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Department of Defense Multidisciplinary Research Program of the Univ...