FY2020 Democracy Commission Small Grants Program Fall Round
The summary for the FY2020 Democracy Commission Small Grants Program Fall Round grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Kyrgyzstan, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY2020 Democracy Commission Small Grants Program Fall Round: The Public Affairs Section administers the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program. This program supports the development of Kyrgyzstan's democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Kyrgyzstan's nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, to nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and to independent local media organizations. State bodies are encouraged to work with NGOs to submit applications. American or other donor country organizations or individuals are not eligible for grants under this program. Current Democracy Commission grant recipients may not apply for funding; open grants must be closed before new applications can be considered. The maximum grant award is $50,000, though the average grant award is less than $25,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY2020 Democracy Commission Small Grants Program Fall Round|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Kyrgyzstan (DOS-KGC)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||STATE-BISHKEK-PAS-20-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 24th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 24th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||October 23rd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||October 23rd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||January 24th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||October 22nd, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- to support the development of Kyrgyz Republic’s democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Kyrgyzstan’s nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, to nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and to independent local media organizations.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Kyrgyzstani nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and independent local media organizations. THIS PROGRAM IS NOT OPEN TO U.S. BASED NONPROFITS OR OTHER U.S. BASED INSTITUTIONS.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- U.S. Embassy-Bishkek Democracy Commission managers
Phone 996-312-597 000
general e-mail box
- Similar Government Grants
- • BOLD GRANTEE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- • English Language Exchanges Support
- • U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • Ukraine: Crowdsourcing the Story of Ukrainian Democracy: Participatory History through Dig...
- • University Research Program
- • Student-run Media Lab Development Program
- • Ukraine Media Partnership Program
- More Grants from the US Mission to Kyrgyzstan
- • Citizen Narrative Campaign
- • Annual Program Statement for Public Affairs Cultural and Educational Programs
- • Democracy Commission Spring Round
- • English for Young Professionals - Kyrgyz Republic