Family Violence Prevention and Services - Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Questioning Institute on Intimate Partner Violence
The summary for the Family Violence Prevention and Services - Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Questioning Institute on Intimate Partner Violence grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Family Violence Prevention and Services - Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Questioning Institute on Intimate Partner Violence: The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB), Family Violence Prevention and Services (FVPSA) Program seeks to award one cooperative agreement under the Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants program to support a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Institute on Intimate Partner Violence (Institute) to expand and enhance the capacity of both domestic violence and LGBTQ-specific organizations to more effectively identify and respond to the unique needs of LGBTQ intimate partner violence victims. The Institute grant recipient will inform the development of LGBTQ-specific domestic/intimate partner violence and dating violence prevention and intervention strategies, including screening and ongoing assessment that can be replicated in local victim services programs. The Institute will develop technical assistance, training, and resources, including emerging, promising, and best practices and guidelines, and information on evidence-informed, trauma-informed, and culturally-relevant programming to support LGBTQ individuals, families, and communities impacted by domestic violence. The Institute will provide an array of training, expertise, problem-solving strategies, and other forms of technical assistance to federal, state, and local governments, tribes, tribal organizations, domestic violence service providers, community-based organizations, LGBTQ service providers, and other professionals and interested parties related to domestic/intimate partner and dating violence intervention and prevention services. The Institute will assess the needs of culturally-specific LGBTQ sub-populations and provide innovative, evidence-informed, and culturally-relevant approaches to serving these communities and it will expand partnerships and collaborations between domestic violence providers, LGBTQ-specific organizations, social service agencies, and public health organizations. The Institute is part of a network of National, Special Issue, Culturally Specific, and Capacity Building Resource Centers providing leadership, training, technical assistance, resources, and support to programs and systems serving victims of domestic violence and their children. UPDATE 6/11/2021: This FOA has been modified to correct and clarify content regarding page limitations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Family Violence Prevention and Services - Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Questioning Institute on Intimate Partner Violence|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB (HHS-ACF-FYSB)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2021-ACF-ACYF-EV-1966|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 19th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 19th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||June 11th, 2021|
|Creation Date:||June 11th, 2021|
|Archive Date:||August 18th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 15th, 2021|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants must provide documentation demonstrating experience working directly with LGBTQ victims of domestic/intimate partner and dating violence, and their children. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their experience in providing training and technical assistance to state domestic violence coalitions, local domestic violence programs, community-based organizations, and tribal programs to which assistance, outreach, information, and technical support will be provided under this grant program. Applicants must have advisory board representatives who are from domestic violence service programs that are geographically and culturally diverse and must demonstrate strong support of domestic violence services programs nationally. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Native Hawaiian Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Capacity Building and Progra...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grant Program - National Indian Reso...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants - Special Issue Resource Cent...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grant - National Capacity Building C...
- • FY2008 Discretionary Grants for the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grant Program/National Domestic Viol...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services/Expanding Leadership Opportunities within the Dome...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB
- • National Communication System for Runaway and Homeless Youth Program
- • FY 2023 Basic Center Program
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Culturally Specific Sexual A...
- • Native Hawaiian Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- • Basic Center Program