Family Violence Prevention and Services/Expanding Leadership Opportunities within the Domestic Violence Field for Members of Underrepresented Groups
The summary for the Family Violence Prevention and Services/Expanding Leadership Opportunities within the Domestic Violence Field for Members of Underrepresented Groups grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Family Violence Prevention and Services/Expanding Leadership Opportunities within the Domestic Violence Field for Members of Underrepresented Groups: This funding opportunity will support one collaboration of technical assistance providers to develop a leadership academy and promote leadership within the domestic violence field by members of underrepresented groups. By the end of the grant period, the grantee will be expected to have increased leadership opportunities for underrepresented group members in pre-selected States (including federally recognized Tribes located within the States' borders) by providing training, mentoring, peer support, and skills development to members of underrepresented groups and working with organizations in the States (and Tribes, were applicable) to improve cultural competency and support for leadership by members of underrepresented groups. The grantee will have created a leadership academy that can be expanded or replicated, conducted an evaluation of outcomes, and have developed mechanisms to disseminate information nationally.
|Federal Grant Title:||Family Violence Prevention and Services/Expanding Leadership Opportunities within the Domestic Violence Field for Members of Underrepresented Groups|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2010-ACF-ACYF-EV-0017|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Family Violence Prevention and Services/Grants for Battered Women's Shelters_Discretionary Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2010 See l|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2010 See l|
|Posted Date:||Jun 15, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 15, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 29, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible entities are nonprofit or education organizations, including Tribal organizations, nonprofit organizations (with or without 501(c)(3) status), culturally specific institutes, State Domestic Violence Coalitions, Tribal coalitions, faith-based organizations, and other organizations meeting the eligibility criteria described below. Application must be made by one primary organization in collaboration with at least three other organizations. The collaboration must include a diverse selection of organizations that reflects the demographics of the pre-selected States. Faith-based and community organizations that meet eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Individuals and foreign entities are not eligible for awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Capacity Building and Progra...
- • Alaska Native Tribal Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grant Program/National Domestic Viol...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Culturally Specific Trauma S...
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services/ Improvements to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgend...
- • FY2008 Discretionary Grants for the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services/Expanding Services for Children and Youth
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants