Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20)
The summary for the Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20): Through this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites P20 planning grant applications for developing collaborative partnership between institutions serving underserved health disparity populations and underrepresented students (ISUPS) and NCI- designated Cancer Centers (or Cancer Centers with highly integrated cancer research programs). This FOA is designed to facilitate the planning and execution of focused collaborations in cancer-related research, research experience, and research education. A major goal of the NCI P20 partnership programs is to provide support for investigators at ISUPS and Cancer Centers to conduct cancer research pilot projects and cancer research education program. The purpose of the pilot projects and education program is to allow awardees to obtain preliminary data that will lead to competitive grant applications for funding by the NIH/NCI and/or other Federal/Non-Federal agencies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-16-084|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 29, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 29, 2018|
|Posted Date:||Jan 14, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jan 15, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Mar 1, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Independent school districts
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • Informatics Technology for Cancer Research Education Center (UE5 Clinical Trials Not Allow...
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Paul Calabresi Career Development Award for Clinical Oncology (K12 Clinical Trial Optional...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Program Logistics and Evaluation Coordinating C...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Research Education Short Courses (UE5 Clinical ...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...