The summary for the Fish Passage grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fisheries Habitat Conservation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fish Passage: The Fish Passage is a voluntary program that reconnects fish species to historic habitats. Project funding is for fish passage restoration by removing or bypassing barriers to fish movement. Primary project types include dam removal, culvert renovation, designing and installing fishways, installing fish screens, and barrier inventories to identify additional fish passage impediments. Projects proposals requested between $1,000.00 and $100,000.00 are most attractive. There is no required match; however a 50% cost share is highly encouraged. Project ranking criteria include; ecological benefits for Federal trust species, minimum costs to the Service for operation and maintenance, permanence of fish passage benefits, current scientific knowledge and proven technology, evidence the greatest number of partners, longest duration of agreements for operation and maintenance, maximum in matching fund contributions, and address objectives outlined in approved management plans. Projects must comply with all applicable Federal, State, Tribal, and Local regulations. Fish Passage projects are not eligible for funding if they are for any Federal or State mitigation. Fish Passage projects are not eligible for funding if fish passage is a condition provided by existing Federal or State regulatory programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fish Passage|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fisheries Habitat Conservation|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOI-GRANTS-041105-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish and Wildlife Management Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||There is no application due date. Project proposal|
|Posted Date:||Apr 21, 2005|
|Creation Date:||May 09, 2007|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||100|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Proposals must identify projects that meet the minimum requirements in the FWS policy 710FW1 Fish Passage Policy (http://www.fws.gov/policy/710FW1.html) and are ranked highly by the Regional Directors of the 8 USFWS Regions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Hartsell, Leslie, Fish Passage Program Coordinator, Phone 703-358-2195, Email Leslie_Hartsell@fws.gov Leslie_Hartsell@fws.gov Hartsell, Leslie
- Similar Government Grants
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research
- • F23AS00284 FWS Year 2 Klamath Basin Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Law Funding Opportunity
- • 2023 State and Interstate Aquatic Nuisance Species Management Plan Grant Program
- • Great Lakes Fish and Wildlife Restoration Act FY 2023
- • 2006 Request for Initial Proposals for Yukon River Salmon Research and Management Projects
- • Great Lakes Fish and Wildlife Restoration Act
- • To Implement Priorities for Preventing the Introduction or Spread of Non-Native Invasive S...
- More Grants from the Fisheries Habitat Conservation
- • NWI Cooperative Agreement
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14(3) - Legisla...
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14(5) - Emergen...
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14(1) - Unsolic...
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14(2) - Continu...