HIV/AIDS Health Promotion Education
The summary for the HIV/AIDS Health Promotion Education grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HIV/AIDS Health Promotion Education: This announcement is made by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS or Department), Office of Minority Health (OMH) located within the Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS), and working in a ``One-Department'' approach collaboratively with participating HHS agencies and programs (entities). The Community Programs to Improve Minority Health program seeks to improve the health status of racial and ethnic minority populations through health promotion and disease risk reduction intervention programs. It is expected that this program will demonstrate the effectiveness of Community-based programs in developing, implementing, and conducting projects which integrate community-based screening and outreach services. The Bilingual/Bicultural Service Demonstration Program seeks to improve and expand the capacity for linguistic and cultural competence of health care professionals and paraprofessionals working with limited English proficient (LEP) minority communities and improve the accessibility and utilization of health care services among LEP minority populations. It is expected that this program will demonstrate the effectiveness of programs that involve partnerships between community-based, minority-serving organizations and health care facilities in a collaborative effort. The HIV/AIDS Health Promotion and Education Program seeks to improve the health status, relative to HIV/AIDS, of targeted minority populations by engaging national minority-serving organizations in educational and outreach efforts. It is expected that this program will demonstrate that the involvement of national minority-serving institutions in the development and implementation of national model HIV/AIDS programs can serve a vital role in effectively reaching and educating hardly reached minority populations affected by and/or infected with HIV/AIDS.
|Federal Grant Title:||HIV/AIDS Health Promotion Education|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OMH-HIVHPE-04-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Agreements to Improve the Health Status of Minority Populations|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 05, 2004 Letter of Intent Deadline Date: July|
|Posted Date:||Aug 03, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 03, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Sep 04, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||22|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Admin, OPHS, OPHS FedGrants Admin, Phone 301-594-4001, Fax 301-594-5980, Email OPHSFGAdm@osophs.dhhs.gov OPHSFGAdm@osophs.dhhs.gov Admin, OPHS
- Similar Government Grants
- • Implementing Public Health Programs and Strengthening Public Health Capacity in Guatemala ...
- • FY12 National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program II (NUCA II Program)
- • FY12 Eliminating Lupus Health Disparities Initiative (ELHDI)
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Eliminating Lupus Health Disparities Initiative (ELHDI)
- • National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program
- • Community-Focused Initiative To Reduce the Burden of Stroke
- • Cooperative Agreement with Morehouse School of Medicine
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project