National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program
The summary for the National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program: The National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program seeks to: (1) Increase the diversity of the health-related work force;(2) reduce health disparities and improve quality of care for targeted minority populations through projects that are of national significance; and (3) improve evaluation procedures and the collection and analysis of data on targeted minority populations. Award(s) will be made in each of the following categories: Work Force Development, Health Disparities and Quality Care, and Data and Evaluation. Over the five-year project period of the cooperative agreement, multiple relevant projects can be supported under each cooperative agreement. Depending upon the category, the following are examples of the types of projects or activities that can be supported: Youth initiatives, health related internships, and fellowships; academic and other support services for students in the educational pipeline; disease prevention/health promotion; health services and behavioral research; health care access, including mental health, and human services support; health information technology and communication; cultural and linguistic competency; health information dissemination; nfrastructure development; data collection and analysis on specific minority populations; development of curricula, toolkits, and other educational/instructional materials; and technical assistance, training (e.g., ``Train-the-Trainer''), and other workshops on project evaluation.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OMHCA-05-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Agreements to Improve the Health Status of Minority Populations|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 13, 2005 Application deadline for the Nationa|
|Posted Date:||Jun 20, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jun 20, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Aug 12, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To qualify for funding, an applicant must be a private, nonprofit national minority-serving organization (see Definitions under Federal Register volume 70, No 112) with at least 5 years of experience in working with targeted minority populations; or an organization that currently has an umbrella cooperative agreement with OMH (see Section VIII, 3). Examples of national minority-serving organizations that may apply include, but are not limited to: Associations/organizations representing community health organizations serving targeted minority populations. Associations/organizations that focus on minority health, education, leadership development, and/or community partnerships. Associations/organizations that represent minority-focused health professionals. Faith-based organizations and tribal entities that meet the above criteria are also eligible to apply for these Umbrella Cooperative Agreements.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Admin, OPHS, OPHS FedGrants Admin, Phone 301-594-4001, Fax 301-594-5980, Email OPHSFGAdm@osophs.dhhs.gov OPHSFGAdm@osophs.dhhs.gov Admin, OPHS
- Similar Government Grants
- • Implementing Public Health Programs and Strengthening Public Health Capacity in Guatemala ...
- • FY12 National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program II (NUCA II Program)
- • FY12 Eliminating Lupus Health Disparities Initiative (ELHDI)
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Eliminating Lupus Health Disparities Initiative (ELHDI)
- • HIV/AIDS Health Promotion Education
- • Community-Focused Initiative To Reduce the Burden of Stroke
- • Cooperative Agreement with Morehouse School of Medicine
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project