Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two
The summary for the Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two: This is the second round of an initiative that will fund applicants who propose new payment and service delivery models that will provide better health, better health care, and lower costs through improved quality for Medicare, Medicaid, and Children?s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) enrollees. Applicants will propose new service delivery models along with the design of corresponding new payment models. If their applications are funded, awardees will be required to implement the service delivery models at the start of the three-year cooperative agreement period and submit a fully developed new Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP payment model by the end of the cooperative agreement period. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), at its discretion and consistent with the requirements of Section 1115A of the Social Security Act, may further develop one or more of these payment and service delivery models and open them to participation through a subsequent solicitation. Successful applicants will demonstrate that they can implement a model that improves quality of care and reduces cost within the first six months of the award and delivers net savings to CMS within three years.----The Healthcare Innovation Awards Round 2 Application requires the following four separate supplemental forms. These forms can be found at both http://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/Health-Care-Innovation-Awards/Round-2.html and http://www.grants.gov/. 1. Financial Plan2. Operational Plan3. Actuarial Review (Includes Authorizing Official and Chief Financial Officer approval)4. Executive OverviewThese forms should be uploaded into the "Other Attachments File(s)" located inside the Grants.gov application kit. All forms should be uploaded in their native format (Excel, Word document etc.). A printed version of Actuarial Review .pdf should be completed, signed, scanned and uploaded as a .pdf file. To assist you with the completion of your supplemental materials the following user guides are available. Please note- these user guides SHOULD NOT be uploaded into Grants.gov application. - Application User Guide- Preferred Measures List- Aims and Drivers for Improvement Grants.gov helpdesk ONLY supports users with the use of the Grants.gov application forms and application submission process in Grants.gov. All questions related to content and/or use of the supplemental forms MUST be directed to the CMMI program hotline at InnovationAwards@cms.hhs.gov. Please also see our website for related upcoming webinars on the application and other Frequently Asked Questions at http://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/Health-Care-Innovation-Awards/Round-2.html.
|Federal Grant Title:||Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CMS-1C1-14-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Health Care Innovation Awards (HCIA)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2013|
|Posted Date:||May 15, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jun 19, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Sep 14, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$900,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||100|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The intent of this initiative is to engage with a wide variety of innovators. Interested parties of all types that meet the eligibility requirements specified in this section and have developed innovations that will drive significant improvement in population health, quality of care, and total cost of care and who can create a clear pathway to an alternate payment model based on their innovation are welcome to apply. Examples of the types of organizations expected to apply are: provider groups, health systems, payers and other private sector organizations, faith-based organizations, state and/or local governments, academic institutions, research organizations, public-private partnerships, and for-profit organizations. In addition, certain organizations may apply as conveners that assemble and coordinate the efforts of a group of participants. Unsuccessful applicants from prior CMS funding competitions are eligible to apply. Technology develope rs, including software designers and others creating solutions for health care providers, are welcome to apply. However, any such technology model needs to reflect the actual use, not the development, of a product in a broader service delivery or payment model. Applicants that develop open source technology or software that are placed in the public domain will be given preference.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726 Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays. email@example.com
Grants.gov Customer Support [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Health Care Innovation Challenge
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- • Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative
- • Support for Demonstration Ombudsman Programs Serving Beneficiaries of Financial Alignment ...
- • Grants to Support the Hispanic Health Services Research Grant Program
- • Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Researc...
- • Nationwide Program for National and State Background Checks for Direct Patient Access Empl...