Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative
The summary for the Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative: The purpose of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Money Follows the Person (MFP) Tribal Initiative (TI) is to offer existing MFP state grantees and tribal partners the resources to build sustainable community-based long term services and supports (CB-LTSS) specifically for Indian country. The funds are subject to all the terms and conditions of the MFP Program. The TI may be used to advance the development of an infrastructure required to implement CB-LTSS for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN) using a single, or a variety of applicable Medicaid authorities. Funding is intended to support the planning and development of: 1) An in-state Medicaid program CB-LTSS (as an alternative to institutional care) tailored for AI/AN who are presently receiving services in an institution; and 2) A service delivery structure that includes a set of administrative functions delegated by the state Medicaid agency to Tribes or Tribal organizations (T/TOs), such as enabling tribe(s) to design an effective program or package of Medicaid community- based LTSS, and operating day to day functions pertaining to the LTSS program(s). The TI may be used to cover costs necessary to plan and implement activities consistent with the objectives of this funding and within Federal grant regulations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CMS-1LI-14-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 17, 2013 No Explanation|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 17, 2013 No Explanation|
|Posted Date:||Jul 22, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jul 22, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Nov 16, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$44,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Only states already participating in the MFP grant program may apply for this funding. The Grantee must also have an active partnership with the participating T/TO within the state for purposes of this initiative.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services 410-786-5239
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2020 Supplemental Budget Request
- • Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Grant Demonstration
- • Planning Grant - The Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Program
- • Planning Grant: The Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Program
- • Opportunity CMS-1LI-11-001
- • Money Follows the Person Quality Grant: The National HCBS Quality Enterprise: Assisting St...
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- • Support for Demonstration Ombudsman Programs Serving Beneficiaries of Financial Alignment ...
- • Grants to Support the Hispanic Health Services Research Grant Program
- • Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Researc...
- • Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two
- • Nationwide Program for National and State Background Checks for Direct Patient Access Empl...