Homestay Small Grants Program
The summary for the Homestay Small Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Homestay Small Grants Program: The United States Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina, through the Office of Public Affairs, is pleased to announce a Notice of funding opportunities for Civic Education programs that address school segregation or other issues that divide students along ethnic lines. These projects should advance education for democracy and human rights in the country and help remove obstacles to integration in education. Small grants competition will support projects designed explicitly as home-stay exchange programs to contribute to democracy and human rights education with interaction and the development of tolerance between the ethnically, religiously and geographically diverse communities of Bosnia and Herzegovina. In addition to the core exchange program activities, the mandatory requirement is a component of family engagement in which participants will stay in the homes of fellow participants from different ethnic or religious backgrounds, and engage in volunteer projects in both communities. Programs should be innovative and bring together youth (ages 12-24) from communities across ethnic, geographical, and administrative lines and engage a large number of youth in a community improvement activity in each host town. Priority will be given to applicants who engage youth who have had no access to programs funded by US government funding. A detailed budget should be expressed in USD, with a maximum amount of $15,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||Homestay Small Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (DOS-BIH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||005-FY2019|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 15th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 15th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||February 14th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||February 14th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||April 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$60,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 14th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Non-profit organizations (including think tanks, civil society organizations, and NGOs), educational and cultural institutions, and independent media that are based and legally registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina are eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Samra Alibegic
- Similar Government Grants
- • BOLD GRANTEE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- • English Language Exchanges Support
- • U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • Ukraine: Crowdsourcing the Story of Ukrainian Democracy: Participatory History through Dig...
- • University Research Program
- • Student-run Media Lab Development Program
- • Ukraine Media Partnership Program
- More Grants from the US Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- • Professional Development Program with Bosnia and Herzegovina-Local partner
- • Youth Leadership and Teacher Professional Development Program with Bosnia and Herzegovina ...
- • Bold (bih Omladinski Lideri, Bosnia And Herzegovina Young Leaders) Program
- • Cultural Grants Program
- • Interethnic Reconciliation And Youth Program