Immunology of Biofilms (R01)
The summary for the Immunology of Biofilms (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Immunology of Biofilms (R01): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) on Immunology of Biofilms evolved from two NIDCR sponsored advisory conferences: Biofilm Network Initiative Meeting (June 2004) and Oral Mucosal Immunology Advisory Meeting (Oct 2004). It aims to stimulate research on host response to microbial biofilms leading to improved strategies for diagnosing, preventing and treating biofilm-associated infectious diseases. Collaborative projects, both domestic and international, that bring together investigators in diverse scientific disciplines studying biofilms are encouraged. An aim of this FOA is to link clinical experts, such as dentists, physicians, and nurses, with basic scientists such as immunologists, microbiologists, material scientists, mathematicians to better identify the clinical problems associated with host response to microbial biofilm associated infection. -Mechanism of Support. The funding opportunity will utilize the R01 mechanism, but will run in parallel with a FOA of identical scope PA-06-538 that will utilize the R21 grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated -that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Immunology of Biofilms (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-288|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jan 09, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Oct 02, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Independent school districts Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities City or township governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) County governments Small businesses State governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...
- • Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs) in Human Cancers for Years 2021, 2022...
- • HEAL Initiative: Non-addictive Analgesic Therapeutics Development [Small Molecules and Bio...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Novel Biosensing for Screening, Diagnosis and Monitoring of COV...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Screening for COVID-19 by Electronic-Nose Technology (SCENT) (U...
- • Epidemiological and Behavioral Research in Oral Health
- • Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome
- • Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...