Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Programs for Health Departments
The summary for the Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Programs for Health Departments grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Programs for Health Departments: The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to implement a comprehensive HIV surveillance and prevention program to prevent new HIV infections and achieve viral suppression among persons living with HIV. In particular, the FOA promotes and supports improving health outcomes for persons living with HIV through achieving and sustaining viral suppression, and reducing health-related disparities by using quality, timely, and complete surveillance and program data to guide HIV prevention efforts. These goals are in accordance with the national prevention goals, HIV Care Continuum, and CDC’s High-Impact HIV Prevention (HIP) approach. The integration of these programs allows each jurisdiction to operate in unison and maximize the impact of federal HIV prevention funding. An integrated FOA strengthens implementation of HIP by further allowing health departments to align resources to better match the geographic burden of HIV infections within their jurisdictions and improve data collection and use for public health action. The FOA priorities are to increase individual knowledge of HIV status, prevent new infections among HIV-negative persons, reduce transmission from persons living with HIV, and strengthen interventional surveillance to enhance response capacity and intensive data-to-care activities to support sustained viral suppression. Priority activities include (but are not limited to) HIV testing; linkage to, re-engagement in, and retention in care and support achieving viral suppression; pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) related activities; community-level HIV prevention activities; HIV transmission cluster investigations and outbreak response efforts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Programs for Health Departments|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP (HHS-CDC-NCHHSTP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS18-1802|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 13th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 13th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 27th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 27th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||October 13th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$399,292,872|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||61|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 27th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- State, local, and/or territorial health departments currently funded under funding opportunity announcements PS12-1201: Comprehensive Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Programs for Health Departments and PS13-1302: National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Renata Ellington
- Similar Government Grants
- • Secure Data Sharing Tool to Support De-duplication of Cases in the National HIV Surveillan...
- • Use of molecular HIV surveillance to identify active HIV transmission networks and impleme...
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding for
- • Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Ser...
- • Health Department Demonstration Projects to Reduce HIV Infections and Improve Engagement i...
- • Rapid Test Algorithms for Diagnosis of HIV Infection and Improved Linkage to Care
- • Expanded and Integrated Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing for Populations Disprop...
- • National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (U62)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • Tuberculosis Elimination and Laboratory Cooperative Agreement
- • Strategic Partnerships and Planning to Support Ending the HIV Epidemic in the United State...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program