The summary for the Knauss 2008 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Knauss 2008: The Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship matches graduate students who have an interest in ocean, coastal and Great Lakes resources, and in the national policy and management decisions affecting these resources, with hosts in the Legislative and Executive branches of the Federal government for a one year paid fellowship. The program priorities for this opportunity support NOAA's mission support goal of: Ecosystems - Protect, Restore, and Manage Use of Coastal and Ocean Resources through Ecosystem-Based Management.
|Federal Grant Title:||Knauss 2008|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Education Science and Technology Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OAR-SG-2008-2000781|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Sea Grant Support|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 05, 2007 Selected applications from the spons|
|Posted Date:||Jun 15, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 15, 2006|
|Archive Date:||May 05, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any student, regardless of citizenship, who, on April 5, 2007, is in a graduate or professional program in a marine or aquatic-related field at a United States-accredited institution of higher education in the United States or U.S. Territories may apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher
Phone 301-713-0926 email@example.com For electronic submission issues.
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Fiscal Year 2021 National Sea Grant College Program Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fell...
- • Highly Migratory Species Research Initiative
- • Exploring New Aquaculture Opportunities - 2019
- • Social, Behavioral, and Economic Research Needs in Aquaculture - 2019
- • Sea Grant
- • National Sea Grant College Program Aquatic Invasive
- • Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship (Knauss Fellowship Program)
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition