FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
The summary for the FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants: The principal objective of the National Marine Fisheries Service's (NMFS) Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project solicitation is to identify and support proactive restoration project(s), which use a habitat-based approach to foster species recovery and increase fish production. Proposals submitted under this solicitation will be selected based on their ability to demonstrate how the proposed habitat restoration actions will help recover threatened and endangered species listed under the Endangered Species Act (hereafter, Listed Species), sustain or help rebuild fish stocks managed under the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act (hereafter, Managed Species), or benefit other coastal and marine species with a nexus to NMFS management. Successful proposals will 1) identify a habitat-based issue/concern limiting the recovery or sustainability of one or more target species (e.g. fish, marine mammals, sea turtles); 2) identify the project(s)' outcome goal(s) and describe in detail the actions and on-the-ground habitat restoration project(s) to be undertaken to resolve the issue/concern and; 3) describe the measurable impact on the target species, including evaluation techniques. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will primarily be funded through cooperative agreements. Multi-year cooperative agreement awards will be considered, and additional releases of funds may be used to fund selected proposals through FY15 without further competition. Awards are dependent upon the amount of funds Congress makes available to NOAA for this purpose in the FY13-FY15 budgets. NOAA anticipates approximately $20 million may be available over the next three years to maintain selected awards, dependent upon the level of funding made available by Congress. NOAA anticipates typical awards will range from $500,000 to $5 million over three years. NOAA will not accept proposals with a budget of less than $100,000 or more than $10 million. One, two, or three year proposals will be accepted. Funds will be administered by the NOAA Restoration Center.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-HCPO-2013-2003587|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Habitat Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 19, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 19, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Nov 29, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Nov 29, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Mar 21, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melanie Gange 301-427-8664
work email [Melanie.Gange@noaa.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2022 NOAA's Transformational Habitat Restoration and Coastal Resilience Grants Under the...
- • FY22 Coastal Habitat Restoration and Resilience Grants for Underserved Communities, Under ...
- • Restoring Tribal Priority Fish Passage through Barrier Removal under the IIJA
- • NOAA's Restoring Fish Passage through Barrier Removal Notice of Funding Opportunity under ...
- • NOAA Great Lakes Fish Habitat Restoration Partnership Grants
- • Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Partnership Grant
- • General Coral Reef Conservation
- • FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition
- • Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program