Legal Support to Journalists in Kazakhstan
The summary for the Legal Support to Journalists in Kazakhstan grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Legal Support to Journalists in Kazakhstan: The Embassy of the United States in Kazakhstan supports Kazakhstani journalists and their commitment to fulfill citizens’ rights to objective and timely information. The U.S. Mission believes in the crucial role of journalism in defining the future of any society and the need to ensure that journalists can receive timely and fair legal support, if needed. The U.S. Embassy in Kazakhstan announces a call for proposals on legal support to journalists in all regions of Kazakhstan. The successful applicant will provide legal support, including consultations and defense, to journalists and media outlets, and monitor the situation regarding press freedoms. The successful applicant should have defense attorneys on-staff or contracted who are available to provide their services in all regions of Kazakhstan. Priority will be given to applicants with experience in similar services and the ability to objectively monitor the situation regarding press freedoms. The successful applicant should demonstrate a good reputation, awareness of the situation regarding press freedoms in Kazakhstan, and be well-recognized among journalists and media experts in the community.
|Federal Grant Title:||Legal Support to Journalists in Kazakhstan|
|Federal Agency Name:||U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan (DOS-KAZ)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOS-KAZ-NS-AEECA-20-008|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 9th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 9th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||June 9th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||June 9th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||August 8th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$80,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$60,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 9th, 2020|
- Category Explanation
- The U.S. Embassy in Kazakhstan announces a call for proposals on legal support to journalists in all regions of Kazakhstan. The successful applicant will provide legal support, including consultations and defense, to journalists and media outlets, and monitor the situation regarding press freedoms.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This funding opportunity is limited to non-governmental, non-profit organizations registered in Kazakhstan. Applications from organizations registered outside of Kazakhstan, political groups carrying out partisan activities, and charity organizations will not be considered. Only one concept paper may be submitted per eligible organization. Kazakhstan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Karla Jamankulova
Senior Regional Media Advisor
Nur-Sultan Media Development Programs' Inbox
- Similar Government Grants
- • BOLD GRANTEE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- • English Language Exchanges Support
- • U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • Ukraine: Crowdsourcing the Story of Ukrainian Democracy: Participatory History through Dig...
- • University Research Program
- • Student-run Media Lab Development Program
- • Ukraine Media Partnership Program
- More Grants from the U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan
- • Kazakhstan American Corners Grants
- • American Space & Makerspace Almaty
- • Central Asian 48 Hour Film Race and the Independent Film Network
- • Design and Implementation of the English Access Microscholarship Programs in Kazakhstan
- • Small Grants for Media Development