Limited Competition: Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium (UM1 Clinical Trials Required)
The summary for the Limited Competition: Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium (UM1 Clinical Trials Required) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition: Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium (UM1 Clinical Trials Required): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is intended to continue support for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium (PBTC). This Limited-Competition FOA solicits a single application from the current PBTC awardee. The PBTC was conceived as a dedicated clinical trials organization able to translate innovative therapies from the laboratory to early phase clinical testing so that treatment for primary brain tumors in children can be improved. The importance of the PBTC is highlighted by the continuing high mortality rate among some common brain tumors occurring in children [e.g., diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas (DIPG), malignant supratentorial gliomas, and biologically high-risk medulloblastomas and ependymomas] and the functional impediments apparent in a large proportion of children surviving current therapies. The PBTC is designed to fill a unique niche in the NIH pediatric brain tumor research portfolio through its ability to translate multiple innovative therapies from the laboratory to early phase clinical testing.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition: Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium (UM1 Clinical Trials Required)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-19-059|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 13th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 13th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||September 23rd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||September 23rd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||December 19th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 23rd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed. Member Sites as Foreign components are allowed only if they are Canadian institutions. See FOA for full eligibility details.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Tobacco Control Policies to Promote Health Equity (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Tobacco Control Policies to Promote Health Equity (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Limited Competition: Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (U24 Clinical Trial Required)
- • Breast and Prostate Cancer Data Quality and Patterns of Care Study
- • Consortium Therapeutic Studies of Primary Central Nervous System Malignancies in Adults
- • National Cooperative Drug Discovery Groups for Cancer
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...