Local Nongovernmental Partnerships for Sustained Country Leadership in Zimbabwe under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Local Nongovernmental Partnerships for Sustained Country Leadership in Zimbabwe under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Local Nongovernmental Partnerships for Sustained Country Leadership in Zimbabwe under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The purpose of this FOA is to serve primarily as a supplement for PEPFAR countries to support the development of or strengthening of civil society organizations: faith based organizations, regional or national networks, professional associations, or community based organizations. The intended purpose is to engage civil society in country leadership that will support and advocate for effective health systems that are transparent and reflective of the needs of all infected or affected by HIV/AIDS. In Zimbabwe, two key sets of interventions are being supported. The first one will focus on national-level advocacy for policy change, capacitating CSOs to be advocates and watch dogs that hold the government and other stakeholders accountable to their commitments. In addition, the first intervention will focus on strengthening the dissemination of accurate and up-to-date information by the media to achieve nationwide common understanding of key interventions, programs, and new innovations. The second set of interventions is targeted at communities with an aim of making them effective actors in the HIV response. Zimbabwe continues to scale up antiretroviral therapy (ART), prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) and HIV testing and counseling (HTC) while introducing voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC). The successes of the community mobilization strategies in country are well known and documented. These efforts will complement the selection of 10 hard to reach and remote districts where these second set of interventions would be implemented. The selection of these sites will also be done in conjunction with other partners in country who already have a presence in these districts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Local Nongovernmental Partnerships for Sustained Country Leadership in Zimbabwe under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH14-1413|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2014|
|Posted Date:||May 14, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 14, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below:
Local Zimbabwe Non-Governmental Organizations and Community Based Organizations
- Grant Announcement Contact
Procurement and Grants Office
Techincal Information Management Section (TIM S)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2