NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is for Research Teams to form the NCI Pediatric in Vivo Testing Program (henceforth termed the Ped-InVivo-TP). The Research Teams of the Ped-InVivo-TP will determine the activity of pediatric anticancer drug candidates using preclinical models relevant to the cancer(s) on which their team focuses (supported under this FOA) and will work in concert with the Ped-InVivo-TP Coordinating Center (supported under RFA-CA-20-041). The Research Teams will use genomically characterized pediatric cancer models to develop a rigorous preclinical testing program that will generate reliable data that can be used to inform new agent prioritization decisions for childhood cancer clinical testing. The Ped-InVivo-TP is envisioned as a way for NCI to support the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH)-organized Public-Private Partnership (PPP) for pediatric preclinical testing. The PPP is being developed to accelerate the pace and to broaden the scope of pediatric preclinical testing of agents being developed for adult cancer indications. Pharmaceutical companies and representatives of regulatory agencies will also participate in the PPP. The Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) [PD(s)/PI(s)] of the Ped-InVivo-TP Research Teams and Coordinating Center will be expected to serve on the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) of the FNIH PPP and will contribute to the SAC with regards to the research opportunities in their areas of expertise. This FOA invites applications from Research Teams that have developed panels of genomically characterized pediatric cancer models and that have the capacity for using their panels to test up to 8-10 agents per year. The Ped-InVivo-TP Awardees will work closely with the Ped-In Vivo-TP Coordinating Center in the testing of agents and in the analysis and reporting of testing results.
|Federal Grant Title:||NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education, Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-20-034|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 9th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 9th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||August 25th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||August 25th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||December 15th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$450,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 26th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Tobacco Control Policies to Promote Health Equity (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Tobacco Control Policies to Promote Health Equity (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Limited Competition: Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (U24 Clinical Trial Required)
- • Radiobiology of High Linear Energy Transfer (High LET) Exposure in Cancer Treatment (R01, ...
- • Breast and Prostate Cancer Data Quality and Patterns of Care Study
- • Consortium Therapeutic Studies of Primary Central Nervous System Malignancies in Adults
- • National Cooperative Drug Discovery Groups for Cancer
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...