Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Prevention and Control
The summary for the Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Prevention and Control grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Prevention and Control: The purpose of this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is support applied research that will develop, advance, and apply mathematical models to investigate the utility and impact of prevention and control strategies for seasonal and pandemic influenza, including vaccination and treatment. This NOFO will establish a network of Influenza Modeling Centers that conducts research to facilitate the rapid development, harmonization, validation, synthesis, and communication of multiple mathematical models and their results for seasonal and pandemic influenza prevention and control. This NOFO is expected to generate advancements in the rapid sharing of validated modeling results from multiple models that will improve the evidence base for public health action and policy development.
|Federal Grant Title:||Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Prevention and Control|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-IP-20-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 15th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 15th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||August 8th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||August 8th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||December 15th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,375,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$375,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 8th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Nonprofit private institutions of higher education The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for CDC support as Public or Nonprofit Private Institutions of Higher Education: Hispanic-serving Institutions Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jocelyn Patterson
- Similar Government Grants
- • Network of Forecasting Centers to Improve Forecast Accuracy and Communication for Seasonal...
- • Surveillance for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Other Viral Respiratory Infections ...
- • Increasing Influenza and Tdap Vaccination of Pregnant Women in Obstetric/Gynecologic Pract...
- • Understanding and Improving Immunization Services among Adult Hospital Inpatient and Obser...
- • Cooperative Agreement with The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO): Protecting and Str...
- • Coordination of Activities Between the CDC's National Immunization Program and the State a...
- • National Minority Organizations Immunization Projects
- • Using Provider Partnerships to Strengthen the Immunization Message
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...
- • Multi-Site Study of the Health Implications of Exposure to PFAS-Contaminated Drinking Wate...