Next Generation Transformers - Flexible and Adaptable Designs
The summary for the Next Generation Transformers - Flexible and Adaptable Designs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Energy Technology Laboratory, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Next Generation Transformers - Flexible and Adaptable Designs: Amendment 00001 is an administrative amendment issued to correct the submission due date within FedConnect. There are no changes to the FOA document. The objective of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to stimulate innovative designs for large power transformer (LPT) that are more flexible and adaptable. Novel LPT designs should promote greater standardization (i.e., commoditization) to increase grid resilience (i.e., faster recovery through greater interchangeability) in the event of the loss of one or more LPTs. Research efforts will focus on developing lab-scale prototypes (> 100 kVA) that demonstrate proof-of-concept and allow performance evaluation. Additionally, integration of sensors and data analytics into LPTs can further enhance their flexibility and adaptability. Designs that include embedded intelligence to improve asset operation in a range of environments, both steady-state and under extreme conditions, including the ability to monitor and predict the health of the asset is encouraged.
|Federal Grant Title:||Next Generation Transformers - Flexible and Adaptable Designs|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Energy Technology Laboratory (DOE-NETL)|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Energy Environment Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-FOA-0001876|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 25th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 25th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||June 8th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||June 8th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||January 31st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||June 8th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- See Section III.A of the FOA for specific eligibility information.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- John R. Hatfield 304-285-5235
- Similar Government Grants
- • Electric Grid of Things
- • Industry Partnerships for Cybersecurity of Energy Delivery Systems Research, Development, ...
- • Big Data Analysis of Synchrophasor Data
- • Industry Partnerships for Cybersecurity of Energy Delivery Systems (CEDS) Research, Develo...
- • Sensor and Modeling Approaches for Enhanced Observability and Controllability of Power Sys...
- • Electric Transmission and Distribution
- • Superconducting Power Equipment - Area of Interest1
- • Superconducting Power Equipment - Area of Interest2
- More Grants from the National Energy Technology Laboratory
- • Notice of Intent to issue 2 Coal FIRST Funding Opportunity Announcements DE-FOA-0002180 an...
- • Carbon Storage Assurance Facility Enterprise (CarbonSAFE): Site Characterization and CO2 C...
- • Carbon Storage Assurance Facility Enterprise (CarbonSAFE): Site Characterization and Post-...
- • Opp Not for Parties Interested in Partnering with NETL
- • Notice of Intent to Issue Small-Scale Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) Systems for Distributed...