OJJDP FY 2011 Second Chance Act Juvenile Mentoring
The summary for the OJJDP FY 2011 Second Chance Act Juvenile Mentoring grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Justice Programs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OJJDP FY 2011 Second Chance Act Juvenile Mentoring: The Second Chance Act (P.L. 110-199) authorizes grants to government agencies and nonprofit groups to provide employment assistance, substance abuse treatment, housing, family programming, mentoring, victims' support, and other services to help adult and juvenile ex-offenders to transition successfully from incarceration to the community. OJJDP will provide grants to support mentoring and other transitional services essential to reintegrating juvenile offenders into their communities. Award recipients will use their grants to mentor juvenile offenders during secure confinement, through transition back to the community, and post-release; to provide transitional services to assist them in their reintegration into the community; and to support training in offender and victims' issues. This program will be authorized by an act appropriating funds for the Department of Justice.
|Federal Grant Title:||OJJDP FY 2011 Second Chance Act Juvenile Mentoring|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Justice Programs|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OJJDP-2011-2934|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Second Chance Act Prisoner Reentry Initiative|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 02, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 02, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Mar 02, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Mar 02, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 01, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$625,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- OJJDP invites applications from public agencies, including state agencies, units of local government (including federally-recognized Indian tribal governments as determined by the Secretary of the Interior), public universities and colleges (including tribal institutions of higher education), and private, nonprofit organizations (including faith-based, tribal, and community organizations). Joint applications from two or more eligible applicants are welcome; however, one applicant must be clearly indicated as the primary applicant (for correspondence, award, and management purposes) and the others indicated as co-applicants. Targeted youth must be admitted to the program prior to their 18th birthday. However, a reentry plan can continue to be implemented for these individuals beyond their 18th birthday. OJJDP does not have a set timeline for terminating these services, but instead they can continue as long as is deemed therapeutically necessary.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For technical assistance with submitting an application, call the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 1-800-518-4726 or e-mail email@example.com. Grants.gov Support Hotline hours of operation are 24 hours, 7 days a week, except federal holidays. For assistance with any other requirements of this solicitation, contact the Justice Information Center at 1-877-927-5657 or via email to JIC@telesishq.com.The Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time. On the solicitation close date, the Center will be open 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
- Similar Government Grants
- • BJA FY 19 Second Chance Act Pay for Success Initiative: Outcomes-based Contracting To Lowe...
- • BJA FY 19 Comprehensive Corrections Training and Technical Assistance
- • OJJDP FY 19 Second Chance Act Youth Offender Reentry Program
- • BJA FY 19 Innovations in Supervision Initiative: Building Capacity to Create Safer Communi...
- • BJA FY 19 Improving Reentry for Adults with Co-occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Illnes...
- • Second Chance Act Adult and Juvenile Offender Reentry Demonstration Projects
- • FY 2010 Second Chance Act Mentoring Grants to Nonprofit Organizations
- • BJA FY 10 Second Chance Act State, Local, and Tribal Reentry Courts
- More Grants from the Office of Justice Programs
- • National Center for Building Community Trust and Justice: Improving the Justice System by ...
- • FY 2014 U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • OJJDP FY 16 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership in Cognitive Behavioral Mentoring Program
- • OJJDP FY 16 Juvenile Drug Courts Training and Technical Assistance Program