Planning and Development of Regional Surveillance Collaboratives
The summary for the Planning and Development of Regional Surveillance Collaboratives grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Planning and Development of Regional Surveillance Collaboratives: The purpose of this announcement is to plan, develop, and evaluate the concept of a regional surveillance collaborative using technology that federates existing federal, State, and local surveillance systems. These collaborative will improve the publics health through earlier detection of potential outbreaks and enhanced situational awareness. This program addresses the "Healthy People 2010" focus area(s) of Public Health Infrastructure (#23).
|Federal Grant Title:||Planning and Development of Regional Surveillance Collaboratives|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-HK08-802|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Public Heatlh Emergency Preparedness|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 21, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jun 19, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 19, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Aug 20, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to, nonprofit organizations, For-profit organizations (other than small business), Universities, Colleges, Research institutions, State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents, Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States), because these organizations are the only ones with the authority by State statutes and local ordinances to collect personally identifiable information for the purposes of tracking notifiable diseases, intervening to prevent the spread of such diseases, and for prevention activities. Applicants must provide documentation that they have the legal authority to collect personally identifiable information for the purposes described above. For the purpose of this announcement, regions will be defined as groups of public health agencies (or authorized organizations) that represent populations in multiple geo-political areas (e.g., multiple States within a contiguous geographic area of the US, multiple localities within a geographic area that crosses State borders).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGO Technical Information Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Cooperative Agreement
- • Public Health Preparedness and Response (PHPR) Cooperative Agreement for All-Hazards Publi...
- • Building Capacity of the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Response Systems in the Paci...
- • Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Centers
- • OPHR-NR-C
- • Pandemic Influenza Funding Announcement for Competitive Proposals (Activities) U90
- • Public Health Emergency Response (PHER)
- • Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Centers (PERLC)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2