Predoctoral Pediatric Training in General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
The summary for the Predoctoral Pediatric Training in General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Predoctoral Pediatric Training in General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene: The goal of this announcement is to enhance clinical pediatric predoctoral dental and dental hygiene training focusing on children ages 0-5 to improve the oral health of vulnerable, underserved, and rural pediatric populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Predoctoral Pediatric Training in General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-17-068|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 30th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 30th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||November 14th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||November 14th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||March 31st, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 14th, 2016|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include accredited schools of dentistry and dental hygiene, public or non-profit hospitals, or other public or private not-for-profit entities which the Secretary has determined are capable of carrying out such grants to plan, develop, and operate, or participate in, an approved professional training program in the field of dentistry and dental hygiene for dental and dental hygiene students. Current recipients of Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene awards are not eligible to apply. Faith-based and community-based organizations, community colleges, as well as Tribes and Tribal organizations, are eligible to apply provided they are otherwise eligible and are capable of carrying out grants to plan, develop, and operate, or participate in, an approved professional training program in the field of dentistry or dental hygiene for dental or dental hygiene students. All training activities must be conducted by an accredited entity; therefore, either the applicant or a partner organization(s) must be accredited. Programs in the process of receiving accreditation may apply, however the applicant or partner organization(s) must be accredited by the time of funding. The applicant must submit accreditation documentation for the relevant training program in Attachment 8 Section IV.2.v of this FOA. HRSA will check the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) website for accreditation confirmation. Accreditation must be maintained throughout the five-year project period. Failure to maintain accreditation will result in the termination of grant funding under this Funding Opportunity Announcement. Foreign entities are not eligible for HRSA awards, unless the authorizing legislation specifically authorizes awards to foreign entities or the award is for research. This exception does not extend to research training awards or construction of research facilities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Jesse Ungard at (301)443-6249 or email Jungard@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Dental Faculty Loan Repayment Program
- • Postdoctoral Training in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry
- • Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- • Faculty Development in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care