Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
The summary for the Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene: This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits applications for the FY 2015 Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene program. The goal of this announcement is to enhance dental workforce education and training to prepare predoctoral dental students, dental hygiene students, and dental hygienists to practice in new and emerging models of care that are designed to meet the needs of vulnerable, underserved, or rural communities. The emphasis will be on training in new models that stress the integration of oral health into larger care delivery systems and expanded roles of dental hygienists, under evolving State practice acts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-15-050|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Training in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 2, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 2, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Dec 8, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Dec 8, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Apr 3, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,950,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||13|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include accredited schools of dentistry, public or non-profit private hospitals, dental hygiene schools, or other public or private not-for-profit entities which the Secretary has determined are capable of carrying out such grants to plan, develop, and operate, or participate in, an approved professional training program in the field of general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, public health dentistry, or dental hygiene for dental students, dental hygienists, or other approved primary care dental trainees that emphasizes training for general, pediatric, public health dentistry, or dental hygiene.
Faith-based and community-based organizations, community colleges, as well as Tribes and Tribal organizations, are eligible to apply provided they are capable of carrying out grants to plan, develop, and operate, or participate in, an approved professional training program in the field of general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, public health dentistry, or dental hygiene for dental or dental hygiene students, or dental hygienists, or other approved primary care dental trainees, that emphasizes training in general, pediatric, public health dentistry, or dental hygiene. All training activities must be conducted by an accredited entity; therefore, either the applicant or a partner organization(s) responsible for any portion of the dental or dental hygiene training must be accredited. Programs in the process of receiving accreditation may apply however; the applicant or partner organization(s) must be accredited by the time of funding. HRSA will check the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) website for accreditation confirmation. Accreditation must be maintained throughout the five-year project period. Failure to maintain accreditation will result in the termination of grant funding under this Funding Opportunity Announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, HRSA Grants Application Center, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 155 South, Gaithersburg, MD, 20878
Contact Diane Weidley at (301)-44-3-88 Ext. 90 or email DWeidley@hrsa.gov
Health Resources and Services Administration 301-443-7432
- Similar Government Grants
- • Dental Faculty Loan Repayment Program
- • Predoctoral Pediatric Training in General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- • Postdoctoral Training in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry
- • Faculty Development in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care