Public Health Systems Capacity Building in India
The summary for the Public Health Systems Capacity Building in India grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Public Health Systems Capacity Building in India: The Global Disease Detection Regional Center in India is seeking a cooperative agreement with a governmental agency within the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Republic of India to continue the cooperation between India and the U.S. in public health systems capacity building. Both Parties will provide opportunities to exchange ideas, information, skills, and techniques, and collaborate on problems that affect the public health of the country. The cooperative agreement will provide an opportunity to develop training curriculum related to public health management and will focus on training program managers at the state, district, and sub-district levels. This training will allow for program managers to compile, analyze, interpret, and use data to identify and prioritize health challenges in their arena of influence. The training would also provide skills necessary to develop a health profile and action plan on how to combat infectious diseases. This directly points towards the vision of preventing infectious diseases through further understanding the health profile of the area.
|Federal Grant Title:||Public Health Systems Capacity Building in India|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH14-1416|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 17, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 17, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Jun 4, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jun 4, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Aug 16, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$5|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3750000|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below:
Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
For-profit organizations (other than small business)
Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments
American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations
Alaska Native health corporations
Urban Indian health organizations
Tribal epidemiology centers
State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau)
Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) entity
A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a legal, binding agreement from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with Other Attachment Forms when submitting via www.grants.gov.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2