SAMO Artists in Residence
The summary for the SAMO Artists in Residence grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
SAMO Artists in Residence: Cooperative Agreement Number Agreement # H8542070002 was entered into by and between the Department of the Interior, National Park Service, (NPS), Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area (SMMNRA) and the Santa Monica Mountains Fund (SMMF). Unless otherwise specified herein, the terms and conditions as stated in the Cooperative Agreement will apply to this Task Agreement. The objectives of this Task Agreement are to work together to recruit and support artists and provide them with workspace and an opportunity share their art with visitors. This will be part of the National Park Services Artists- in- Residence Program Products will include art objects, performance pieces, or workshops. This program is designed to provide opportunities for a further product life and, thereby, a broader reach. The products could serve to connect to other venues and tap into the established visitor base of other groups such as the local parks and recreation agency or a local museum. An art object with accompanying text on the program and the park could be donated to area libraries, recreation centers or retirement homes and serve as a park ambassador to the residents and their visiting families. Art objects could be donated to the Santa Monica Mountains Fund as an auction item to help raise funds to sustain the program started by this seed money. This is a one- year pilot project beginning September 15, 2011 and continuing through December 31, 2012. This project may be extended depending on funding, National Park Service, Santa Monica Mountains Fund and Artists interest.
|Federal Grant Title:||SAMO Artists in Residence|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-P11AT82090|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resources Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 25, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 25, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 15, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 15, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$9,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$9,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This action will be a Single Source Award to Santa Monica Mountains Fund.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kristina Bliss Contract Specialist Phone 805-370-2321
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Earliest Americans National Historic Landmark Theme Study for Alaska
- • Archeological Inventory, Condition Assessment, and Data Recovery to Address Vulnerabilitie...
- • Inupiaq Place Names Workshop
- • Heritage Documentation programs
- • Prepare National Register Determinations of Eligibility for Mission 66 Properties in the N...
- • Survey for Emergency Habitat Expansion/Improvement and Unknown Archaelogical Sites
- • Generate 3D high definition imaging to document the underwater wonders, both natural and c...
- • CESU-Ground Penetrating Radar of the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area