Science Summer Camp
The summary for the Science Summer Camp grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Science Summer Camp: The goal of this project is to excite and engage high school aged youth about the Appalachian Trail while backpacking and assisting with service projects in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Millennial Youth-Led Expedition of Science (MYLES) is a one-week summer camp that will be offered 5 times for 12 students each week (a total of 60 students).
|Federal Grant Title:||Science Summer Camp|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00579|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 1st, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 1st, 2018|
|Posted Date:||August 23rd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||August 23rd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 23rd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$69,100|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 23rd, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The United States Department of the Interior, The National Park Service (NPS), and Great Smoky Mountain National Park, is announcing a notice of intent to award a cooperative agreement; this IS NOT A REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS. This funding opportunity is to provide public notice of NPS's intention to fund the following project activities WITHOUT full and open competition, under Cooperative Agreement P14AC00659, with Appalachian Trail Conservancy, for a project titled; Science Summer Camp
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Brian Straka 8654361217
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Ambassadors Anza Trail
- • (5) Year Base Agreement to Promote and Develop the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail ...
- • Operation of the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Trail and Visitor Center at Nebraska City, N...
- • Community and Youth Engagement, Education and Planning with the Ala Kahakai National Histo...
- • Assessment of the current condition and future vulnerability of sugar pine in the Sierra N...
- • Rehabilitate Bristow Firestone Station
- • Restore Wagon Wheel Motel
- • Preserve, protect, educate, and promote the public awareness of the Santa Fe Trail.
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...