Scientific Data Stewardship Project Office for 2009
The summary for the Scientific Data Stewardship Project Office for 2009 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Scientific Data Stewardship Project Office for 2009: The Scientific Data Stewardship (SDS) Project seeks to support the development and stewardship of Climate Data Records (CDRs) for the atmosphere, cryosphere, oceans, and land surface. The Project follows the National Research Council's 2004 distinction between Fundamental and Thematic Climate Data Records, and is initially focused on Fundamental CDRs and lower complexity Thematic CDRs. The SDS Project is managed by NOAA, but is informed by other government agencies such that its results represent a government-wide contribution to climate change detection, assessment, understanding, adaptation and/or mitigation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Scientific Data Stewardship Project Office for 2009|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NESDIS-NESDISPO-2009-2001589|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Sciences, Applications, Data, and Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 15, 2008 Lette|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 15, 2008 Lette|
|Posted Date:||Oct 06, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Oct 06, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jan 14, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofits; for profits; commercial organizations; international organizations; state, local and Indian tribal governments; and Federal agencies. Applications from non-Federal and Federal applicants will be competed against each other. Please Note: Before non-NOAA Federal applicants may be funded, they must demonstrate that they have legal authority to receive funds from another Federal agency in excess of their appropriation. The only exception to this is governmental research facilities for awards issued under the authority of 49 U.S.C. 44720(b). Because this announcement is not proposing to procure goods or services from applicants, the Economy Act (31 U.S.C. 1535) is not an appropriate legal basis.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor
For issues downloading applicatio forms [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • JCSDA - 2015 Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Environmental Predictio...
- • JCSDA - 2013 Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Environmental Predictio...
- • Climate Data Record Program Office for 2011
- • Satellite Climate Data Record Program for 2010
- • Cooperative Institute for Satellite Meteorology
- • Research in Primary Vicarious Calibration of Ocean Color Satellite Sensors
- • Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Weather, Climate, and Environmental ...
- • Cooperative Institute for Satellite Climate Studies
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition