Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers
The summary for the Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers: Secretarys Forecast Summary CDC-RFA-PS06-606 CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a new funding opportunity entitled, Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers. $8,200,761 will be available in FY2006 to fund approximately 18 awards to create a National Network of Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)/Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC) to provide high-quality training in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of STDs/HIV for health care professionals and prevention specialists across the United States. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/grantmain.htm. The estimated funding date is April 1, 2006.
|Federal Grant Title:||Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS06-606|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Preventive Health Services_Sexually Transmitted Diseases Research, Demonstrations, and Public Info and Education Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 13, 2006 Applications must be received at the|
|Posted Date:||Nov 17, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Nov 17, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Feb 12, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,200,761|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,471,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||18|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public nonprofit organizations Private nonprofit organizations For profit organizations Small, minority, women-owned businesses Universities Colleges Research institutions Hospitals Community-based organizations Faith-based organizations Federally recognized Indian tribal governments Indian tribes Indian tribal organizations State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section, Point of Contact, Phone 770-488-2700, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community-Based Approaches to Reducing Sexually Transmitted Diseases (CARS)
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program
- • Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities (NCHHSTP)
- • Strengthened HIV/AIDS in the Region
- • Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Prevention Program Communication Network
- • Establish a Partnership to Bank and Distribute Rectal and Pharyngeal Clinical Specimens Su...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2