Small Grants for Media Development
The summary for the Small Grants for Media Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Small Grants for Media Development: The United States of America and the Republic of Kazakhstan cooperate on a wide range of bilateral and regional issues, including the support of Kazakhstan’s intentions to increase journalistic professionalism and strengthen the competitiveness of Kazakhstani media. The Embassy of the United States announces this call for applications for grants to implement ideas to strengthen Kazakhstan’s media market in one of the following ways: Project proposals must address one of the following themes: Theme 1: Innovative approaches to gathering or sharing news, particularly with younger audiences.Theme 2: Promote professional journalism standards, particularly fact checking, verification, and fact-based reporting.Theme 3: Support financial sustainability of media outlets in Kazakhstan, including alternative sources of revenue, by teaching media outlets about different business models and techniques for growing their audiences.Theme 4: Support the development of peer-to-peer exchanges or grassroots networks of professionals for higher quality reporting, ethical and objective journalism, etc. Theme 5: Analyze trends in media consumption, disinformation/misinformation in Kazakhstan, and other biases. For all themes, priority will be given to projects that yield concrete, measurable results. Projects, consisting solely of conferences or roundtable discussions, theoretical research or surveys, or writing or publishing of books, are unlikely to be funded.
|Federal Grant Title:||Small Grants for Media Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan (DOS-KAZ)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOS-KAZ-NS-AEECA-20-007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 9th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 9th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||June 9th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||June 9th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||August 8th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$130,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 9th, 2020|
- Category Explanation
- The United States of America and the Republic of Kazakhstan cooperate on a wide range of bilateral and regional issues, including the support of Kazakhstan’s intentions to increase journalistic professionalism and strengthen the competitiveness of Kazakhstani media.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Non-governmental, non-profit and for-profit organizations registered in Kazakhstan or individuals are eligible for this program. Applications from organizations registered outside of Kazakhstan, political groups carrying out partisan activities, and charity organizations will not be considered. Only one concept paper may be submitted per eligible organization or individual. Kazakhstan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Karla Jamankulova
Senior Regional Media Advisor
Nur-Sultan Media Development Programs' Inbox
- Similar Government Grants
- • BOLD GRANTEE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- • English Language Exchanges Support
- • U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • Ukraine: Crowdsourcing the Story of Ukrainian Democracy: Participatory History through Dig...
- • University Research Program
- • Student-run Media Lab Development Program
- • Ukraine Media Partnership Program
- More Grants from the U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan
- • Kazakhstan American Corners Grants
- • American Space & Makerspace Almaty
- • Central Asian 48 Hour Film Race and the Independent Film Network
- • Design and Implementation of the English Access Microscholarship Programs in Kazakhstan
- • Legal Support to Journalists in Kazakhstan