Strengthening Training, Evaluation, and Partnerships in the Prevention and Control of Vector-Borne Diseases
The summary for the Strengthening Training, Evaluation, and Partnerships in the Prevention and Control of Vector-Borne Diseases grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCEZID, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening Training, Evaluation, and Partnerships in the Prevention and Control of Vector-Borne Diseases: The purpose of this NOFO is to improve our nation's capacity to address the growing health threat of vector-borne diseases by building the vector-borne disease prevention and control workforce and its capacity, improving adoption and evaluation of vector-borne disease prevention control programs, tools, and technologies, and facilitating partnerships between academic institutions and federal, local, state, territorial, tribal public health agencies and/or other interested parties. The NOFO strategies are to: (1) TRAIN - Increase opportunities for students and professionals to receive training in vector-borne disease (VBD) prevention and control; this must include training university/college-based students and currently practicing vector-borne disease prevention and control professionals; (2) EVALUATE - Evaluate the impact and effectiveness (non-research) of existing or commercially available vector-borne disease prevention and control tools, technologies and programs; and (3) PARTNER - Build partnerships among relevant institutions and organizations in the vector-borne disease community to accomplish the activities proposed in Strategies 1 and 2. Activities must include collaborative partnerships with private partners, academic centers, or public health organizations at federal, state, tribal or local levels to develop and implement training and evaluation activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening Training, Evaluation, and Partnerships in the Prevention and Control of Vector-Borne Diseases|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCEZID (HHS-CDC-NCEZID)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CK-23-0005|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 3rd, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 3rd, 2023|
|Posted Date:||November 29th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||November 29th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||March 8th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$43,750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 29th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.) - Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Susanna Visser, Dr.PH, MS, Associate Director of Policy and Extramural Program, DVBD
- Similar Government Grants
- • Developmental Centers for AIDS Research (P30 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Centers for AIDS Research (P30 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Clinical and Applied Research Strategies for the Prevention and Control of Fungal Diseases
- • Enhancing Telehealth Strategies to Support Retention and Adherence to Antiretroviral Thera...
- • Identifying and Addressing Historical and Structural Drivers of Medical Mistrust among His...
- • Impact of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination in Cambodia
- • Clinical, Epidemiologic and Ecologic Factors Impacting the Burden and Distribution of Monk...
- • Reduction of Malaria in U.S. Residents Returning from Overseas Travel to Malaria-Endemic C...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCEZID
- • Strengthening Global Capacity for Molecular Surveillance and Outbreak Response for Enteric...
- • US Public Health Pathogens Genomics Centers of Excellence
- • Strengthening Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control and Improving Patient Safety in ...
- • Reducing the Tuberculosis Burden in U.S. Bound Populations from the Philippines
- • Continuing Enhanced National Surveillance for Prion Diseases in the United States