US Public Health Pathogens Genomics Centers of Excellence
The summary for the US Public Health Pathogens Genomics Centers of Excellence grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCEZID, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
US Public Health Pathogens Genomics Centers of Excellence: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of fiscal year (FY) 2022 funds for a cooperative agreement program to establish The US Pathogen Genomics Centers of Excellence (PGCoE) network. The underlying objective of the PGCoE network is, through partnerships between academic and public-health organizations, to foster innovation in pathogen genomics and molecular epidemiology in order to improve the control of and response to microbial threats of public-health importance. This NOFO will implement a three-pronged strategy of 1) accelerated translation of relevant pathogen genomic technologies and innovations into the US public health system, particularly in public health agencies at the local, state, tribal, territorial and national level; 2) training of the public health workforce in microbial genomics and genomic epidemiology; and 3) rapid and scalable use of pathogen genomics in responding to public health emergencies from infectious diseases in order to improve detection, characterization, and prevention of infectious disease threats.
|Federal Grant Title:||US Public Health Pathogens Genomics Centers of Excellence|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCEZID (HHS-CDC-NCEZID)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CK22-2204|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 17th, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 17th, 2022|
|Posted Date:||March 18th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||March 18th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||June 16th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:||$185,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 16th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To be deemed responsive, applications must include an Academic Letter of Support from at least one academic partner organization. If an applicant fails to submit at least one letter of support from an academic partner organization, the application will be deemed non-responsive and will receive no further review. Applicants must clearly state in the Project Abstract Summary if they are applying to only the Mandatory Components (Core, Response Implementation), or if they are applying to both the Mandatory Components (Core, Response Implementation) and Optional Component (Lead PGCoE for Education). When including this information in the Project Abstract Summary, please indicate one of the following: a) “This application is only for the Mandatory Components (Core, Response Implementation)” or b) “This application is for the Mandatory Components (Core, Response Implementation) and also includes the Optional Component (Lead PGCoE for Education).” If an applicant fails to clearly state which components are being applied for in the Project Abstract, the application will be deemed non-responsive and will receive no further review. *See Attachment A titled Additional Information on Eligibility (Continued)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleanor Click
- Similar Government Grants
- • Developmental Centers for AIDS Research (P30 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Centers for AIDS Research (P30 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Clinical and Applied Research Strategies for the Prevention and Control of Fungal Diseases
- • Strengthening Training, Evaluation, and Partnerships in the Prevention and Control of Vect...
- • Enhancing Telehealth Strategies to Support Retention and Adherence to Antiretroviral Thera...
- • Impact of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination in Cambodia
- • Clinical, Epidemiologic and Ecologic Factors Impacting the Burden and Distribution of Monk...
- • Reduction of Malaria in U.S. Residents Returning from Overseas Travel to Malaria-Endemic C...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCEZID
- • Strengthening Global Capacity for Molecular Surveillance and Outbreak Response for Enteric...
- • Strengthening Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control and Improving Patient Safety in ...
- • Reducing the Tuberculosis Burden in U.S. Bound Populations from the Philippines
- • Continuing Enhanced National Surveillance for Prion Diseases in the United States