Support for HIV Surveillance Among Most-At Risk Populations in the Russian Federation under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Support for HIV Surveillance Among Most-At Risk Populations in the Russian Federation under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support for HIV Surveillance Among Most-At Risk Populations in the Russian Federation under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The purpose of this program is to strengthen the Russian national HIV surveillance system through expanding HIV bio-behavioral sentinel surveys among most-at-risk populations (MARPs) and by building the capacity of the country in collection, processing, analysis and use of HIV surveillance data that leads to the development of an adequate and comprehensive public health response to the HIV epidemic. These will be accomplished through the development and implementation of HIV bio-behavioral surveys among MARPS in the country regions most affected by the HIV epidemic to monitor trends and the future course of the epidemic; advocating for use of the data collected in bio-behavioral surveys for public health decisions; and capacity building for the local institutions and organizations in the area of HIV bio-behavioral surveillance as well as strengthening national and regional institutional skills in data collection, analysis, interpretation, and use.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support for HIV Surveillance Among Most-At Risk Populations in the Russian Federation under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH11-1132|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2011|
|Posted Date:||February 22nd, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Apr 01, 2011|
|Archive Date:||May 22, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$900,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are: - Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education) - Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education) - For-profit organizations (other than small business) - Small, minority, and women-owned businesses - Universities - Colleges - Research institutions - Hospitals - Community-based organizations - Faith-based organizations - Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments - State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) - Non-domestic (non-U.S.) entity A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with "Other Attachment Forms" when submitting via www.grants.gov.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2